1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Teeth Whiteners

Discussion in 'Post Office' started by Sarah C., Mar 10, 2012.

1. Sarah C.

Sarah C. Member

What is the best product to use for whitening your teeth at home?

2. magickat

magickat Member

I suppose whitening toothpaste, or some of the bleaching kits you can buy. I have never really tried it, but there are loads of products available to try.

3. zararina

zararina Member

I do not know specific whitening ingredient at home as I just use whitening toothpaste available in the market. i remember before that my grandfather sometimes uses salt to brush his teeth since he believes it helps make it stronger and whiter. Have not tried that for myself.:p

4. UmiNoor

UmiNoor Member

When I was young, my mother always told me to take some grass from outside the house and to rub it on my teeth. She said it will whiten my teeth. I did it a few times but I was just far too lazy. I'd rather go out and play in the grass than rubbing grass onto my teeth.

I think there are many whitening toothpaste that claims to whiten teeth but I fear these products might just damage the enamel of your teeth. I think the best way is to consult your dentist. I'm sure he would know better what to use to whiten your teeth.

5. Sarah C.

Sarah C. Member

Umi - I have never heard of rubbing grass on your teeth to whiten them. Does it work? I know you said that you were not consistant doing it, but I am wondering if you know of someone that did it and it worked?

6. UmiNoor

UmiNoor Member

My mom swears by it but she's not doing it anymore and I don't know anyone who's done this so I don't know if it really works or not.

7. Quirky Jessi

Quirky Jessi Member

Baking soda! Seriously, just brush with baking soda and it'll both clean normally and help whiten some.

If you want a store-bought whitener, I can't help too too much. My teeth are rather sensitive so the strips and trays I've tried before end up hurting my teeth so I can't use them long enough to see results. I've tried this, though, and it wasn't too bad:

~Edit~ Oops, huge picture. Click this instead: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-zK5yjCwjDss/Tmby5wzWhNI/AAAAAAAAAHo/WcWBf-mKvBc/s1600/Whitener.jpg

It's just a gel that you put on top of your regular toothpaste and it doesn't make my teeth sensitive at all.

8. Sarah C.

Sarah C. Member

Thanks Jessi. I will check it out. I have used some whiteners before that have made my teeth hurt. That was one of the reasons I was inquiring on here, to see if there were other alternatives to those. My teeth are not bad, but it would be nice to brighten them up a bit.

9. claudine

claudine Member

I did some research on baking soda and unfortunately it doesn't seem like the best idea to brush your teeth with it - many people say that it can destroy the enamel:cry:
    Jessi, have you brushed your teeth with it? If yes, and if it didn't do any damage, I'm willing to try it too despite what I read. I really, really want to have whiter teeth!