• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Stretch Marks Tips??

KennedyNoelle

I have some stretch marks on my upper thighs, not many, but my sister points them out and it hurts my feelings...any natural remedies or tips that would be helpful?? I really don't wanna go out and by expensive stretch mark cream. Thanks:)

Werbung:
Hey Kennedy, it depends how new the stretch marks are? If they are recent they'll be purple/red and fairly hard to get rid of at this stage. Eventually they will fade to a light silver/white color so are way less noticaeble (ive got some on my hips but only see them in certain light :)

You could try doing some resistance exercise for this area, as this will strengethen the muscles underneath, making the skin firmer and making them less noticeable - this is perfect for cellulite too. I mean quite heavy weights for squats, lunges etc depending where the marks are - and it's not a quick fix but will work AND prevent new ones from forming (they happen when we get sudden weight gain and the skin cant keep up with the change and 'tears' causing the mark, which is like a scar...)

i can tell you that every girl i know has some, and working as a beauty therapist ive seen a lot of bodies and can tell you even some guys have them.

you sister probably points them out to make herself feel better - remember that!! sisters are terrible sometimes...

quick fixes? keep the area moisturized with cocoa butter/coconut oil or any other heavy cream to ensure they don't get worse.

there are treatments you can get in spas, but they require a course of about 6weeks, are expensive, and am not sure they're worth it.

also try lying on your back with your legs up frequently, massage your legs from feet downwards to help the blood drain, and help ensure the skin is nourished and clear. this also prevents varicose veins and tones the skin.

i hope ive been of some help, remember your sister is being a pain and no one else actually cares about a few stretch marks on your thighs if they ever actually even see them! they will fade, so look after your skin now, wear 15denier pantyhose if you want to cover up (they make your skin look amazing), and have fun
xxx

Well, I had a few but with regular application of simple, affordable and wonderful Vitamin E oil...well, they are now a thing of the past. Personally, they are not welcome on my body...not because of what anyone else thinks (none of my business) but because of what I think (none of their business).

But yeah...try vitamin E oil.

Thank you both! I'll try everything:) Not only do i hate them, but when she points them out it drives me crazy!

Sisters are really good like that haha :) I'm in the middle of 2, so i know exactly what you're talking about..... just remember it's making her feel better to point something out about you, so it's about her, not you!! It's her problem... Keep being gorgeous xxx

I had horrible stretch marks after I went through puberty, but they've faded quite a bit over the years. (I still have some, but they aren't nearly as noticeable as they used to be). I've just kept them moisturized with Aveeno oatmeal lotion or Shea butter lotion.

It did take a long time for them to fade, though!

Ugh, sisters can be so mean. I bet nobody else even notices them! Stretch marks are normal and most women have them in one place or another, so it's really nothing to worry about.

Yes, sisters can be mean. I have two!

Cocoa butter should work to lighten the stretch marks. It should be 100% pure cocoa butter. Not cocoa butter lotion.

When I was pregnant someone suggested that I use coconut body butter. I tried this and used it everyday while I was pregnant. My stomach got really big and I had so many stretch marks. My daughter is 2 1/2 now and I still have some. I have noticed that when I tan and exercise, they seem to disappear. It seems as if the more weight I lose, the less my stretch marks seem to be there.

I have been using cocoa butter to help prevent and treat stretch marks. I use Palmer's on my stomach and back. I also bough a tub of pure cocoa butter that I break up into pieces and even use on my feet. My skin is so soft now!

Cocoa butter cream is excellent for them. Any sort of cream with olive oil in it, is also a good thing. There is also a very wonderful oil called Argan oil, but that tends to be a little bit more expensive. You can also buy pure shea butter which doesn't smell too good, BUT if mixed with essential oils, is an absolutely wonderful preventative measure for stretch marks, and it brilliant for keeping elbows and feet nicely moisturised.

Werbung:
I gained a bunch of weight a few years ago and got horrible stretch marks on my legs and thighs. I used tca chemical peels to lighten them. Mederma and cocobutter work well too. I recently heard about dermarollers. They help lotions and creams penetrate the layers of skin to work more effectively.

Back