• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Stretch Mark Cream?

I believe you have to do it as soon as possible but if you buy some Vitamin E oil pills, and break them open, and rub the oil on the stretch marks it reduces the marks considerably. I will take a couple months, but like they say, slow and steady wins the race. I have also used a product called Utter Cream. But, its really important that you apply it every single day and not miss a day. Its also important not to let stretch marks or scars be exposed to sun light, including the tanning bed.

Werbung:
I've heard, like Pam suggested, that Vitamin E oil works wonders on scars and stretch marks. I've also used Coco Butter in the past which seems to work rather well. Whatever you end up using, you have to use it on a daily basis otherwise it won't work.

I have heard that Mederma works pretty well too! I want to get some because after having my daughter, my breasts shrunk down and now I have some stretch marks. I have never heard of that BioOil until today. I am going to have to look into that as well. I did try Coco Butter and it didn't work very well for me.

I won a gift certificate to Amazon last year and ordered Bio-oil and was really excited to use it...but
my 2 yr old (at the time 1 ) thought it would be a good idea to bounce around on the
bed and fell off and cut her cheek, badly. So when the Bio-oil came in the mail, I used
it on her b/c I was terrified that her face would be scared for life. As of right now, close to a year later,
it's really not that visible, but keep in mind, this was used on her face twice a day, massaged
in for about 2-4 minutes each time for about a year straight. So whatever you choose to do,
I'd be sure to be diligent, and good luck :)

Hello there :) I have a few stretch marks, good thing it's only on one area and not all over the place. I have them on the sides of my bum. Not a lot of them, but you would easily notice it. It's already white, so it's harder to "take care" of. I don't think creams work at all, even if the companies that make them claim that they do work. If you have the cash, go to a dermatologist and they could lessen the appearance of it.

Right now I am religiously putting aloe vera gel on my stretch marks but I'm not sure if it would make a difference. It makes me feel better though somehow, kind of like giving hope :p. I started doing this recently because since aloe vera helps a bit with discoloration as well besides acne, inflammation and burns. Hope it works on my stretchies :(

I have the same problem. I haven't been pregnant or too fat either. I think it's because I change weight easily. Some say it could also be hormonal causes and stuff like that. I tried looking it up online before and most people suggested Mederma and Palmer's cocoa butter cream. I have yet to try them out though.

I have never used Bio Oil, but cocoa butter works really great. It lightens the skin. It will not completely fade away, but they will be a lot less visible.

I have some stretch marks on my thighs that I absolutely hate. I saw a commercial the other day for stretch mark lotion, but I m betting just straight cocoa butter will work just as well if not better.

I have some stretch marks on my thighs that I absolutely hate. I saw a commercial the other day for stretch mark lotion, but I m betting just straight cocoa butter will work just as well if not better.

I think it will too. Cocoa butter is tried, true and tested. It also a lot cheaper. You can pick up pure cocoa butter at a beauty supply store. I have some stretch marks in my hips and the cocoa butter really helped. They are still there, but they are less noticeable.

I am another fan of Bio Oil - I have used it for a number of years and it does reduce the appearance of stretch marks, as well as any other blemishes you may have such as little scars etc. The key is to not expect miracles - nothing will work overnight or even over the course of a month or so. I apply Bio Oil daily and I began to see results about 3 months in, so patience is important.

First congratulations on your weight lose. That's wonderful. Creams just lighten them like everyone already mentioned. Basically these are scars from the skin being stretched.

You can try a product called Mederma. They sell it over the counter in pharmacies. Its for scars and while it wont make them disappear totally, I did notice the stretchmarks were a lot less visible then before.

I also found using MSM powder helps tighten the skin and give it a smoother appearance. Its a suppliment you take internally although they have lotions that work well to.

Witch hazel is another remedy I used that seemed to fade them better.

You will always have them, the best you can do is make them look less prominent.

Beth

I also wanted to add that going to see your doctor for advice re stretch mark cream is also a good idea - he may be able to recommend something that is more effective than over-the-counter products. I still believe Bio oil cannot be beat though and I urge others to try it if they can.

I had horrible stretch marks after having my son. I tried Bio Oil and wasn't impressed. Mederma Stretch Mark therapy, on the other hand, was like a miracle in a bottle. It's pricey at $40/bottle and I used one bottle every week, but in less than two months nobody could see my stretch marks any more.

Werbung:
According to my doctor creams are usually used for new stretch marks. Those with Tretinoin like Retin A or Renova can improve how your stretch marks look. Microdermabrasion on the other hand gently removes the topmost layer of your skin and encourages the growth of new skin which is more elastic. This is supposedly better for older stretch marks.

Back