1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Some silly Coldplay art I made

Discussion in 'The Expression Centre' started by Lugia, Jan 15, 2012.

1. j_pin

j_pin Member

Haha1 That's pretty cool. Coldplay is one of my most favorite bands. I have been listening to them since "Green Eyes" when I was in high school. They sing straight to my heart.

Lee11 likes this.
  2. Lee11

Lee11 Active Member

Yes, I too am a huge Cold Play fan...I was riding a bus in Covent Garden, London one Sunday night coming from a student art exhibition...and their song 'Trouble' played...that song spoke to me in techni-color. Unreal, they do have super powers, I know that. That was in 2001 and I have loved them since....

Lugia - I hope you are catching up on your school work okay, and looking after yourself. (-:

3. Lugia

Lugia Active Member

Everything is okay! But since our house is for sale and people keep on coming over and stuff, things have been crazy. It could be a little while before the next page comes out but I'm working on it, little by little! I am not giving up on this project it's just having to be put off a bit.

4. Lee11

Lee11 Active Member

Yeah, Life does throw one some crazy curves...I know you will not give up on it. You are far too talented to do so! I will still check in. I am moving country right now...so have not been around as frequently, either. All in good time. Take good care, good luck with school etc...(-:

5. Lugia

Lugia Active Member

Luckily, the school year is almost over (two weeks until our last big tests, and we get out for summer in just a little over a month, I believe.) Hopefully then I will be able to do some more work on this. Thank you and I hope your move goes well, too! :)

Lee11 likes this.
  6. Lugia

Lugia Active Member

Well, I don't have a page but I do have a bit of an update. The school year is almost over which is good so I'll hopefully be able to draw more then. But for now, a major change in plan because I kind of completely redesigned Mirror Martin:

[​IMG]
    Made quite a lot of major changes here. I changed the big smelly trench coat for basically a "darker" version of the MX jacket and changed the shirt underneath to red. I kept the combat boots and the cargo pants and added a knife type thingy on the side, and also added some more parts to make him look more battle-ready, so to speak. The gloves stayed.

I also kind of changed the concept of the sword, rather than have a knife that turns into a flaming thing I decided to just have one big greatsword that would basically burst into flames when he's fighting and stuff.

I mostly changed it because the trench coat made him look kind of slow and heavy, so I did this to make him look more fast and energetic.

And here's the old design just for a comparison:
    [​IMG]

Lee11 likes this.
  7. Lugia

Lugia Active Member

I decided that I'm gonna start over on this >.< I kinda want to practice drawing a bit and kinda take a different approach... for example I want to kinda go back to the VERY beginning and show how they get their powers, kinda... but yes this is still going to happen so don't worry. it's just a redo is all :D

Lee11 likes this.
  8. Lee11

Lee11 Active Member

Sounds awesome, going back to the very origin of the power sounds great...like a prequel. I will check in periodically. I absolutely LOVE everything you have done thus far! Keep that creativity flowing and take care while mastering your Art! Ciao4now (-: p.s: moving takes a lot of energy but all is going well although less time for cyber space right now. Just for another short period though (-:, Thank You.

Enjoy your vacation!
    I do like the 'darker and faster' version of Mirror Martin by the way...sexier somehow. (-: I can see that your skill is increasing too....keep it up.

Lugia likes this.
  9. dashboardc33

dashboardc33 Member

That is really neat! I like it a lot! You did a great job making it. Have you ever thought of selling any of your art?

10. Lugia

Lugia Active Member

Yes, the reboot will not only tell the story of how the band gained their mysterious "gifts" but also the motives behind these two mysterious thugs... I hope to make it even better than it was before. :) I'm taking some time to sharpen up my art skills and I hope to start very, very soon. And thank you very much for you feedback <3

Thank you :) It means a lot. I've thought about it, but art is really just something I kind of do for fun if that makes sense... I'd rather not make it into a big job or something but I dunno. Life's a crazy thing so you never know :D

11. Lugia

Lugia Active Member

Well I made some more "improvement with something very small but important... hair? Well might as well show~

Chris:
    [​IMG]
    Guy:
    [​IMG]
    Jonny:
    [​IMG]
    Will:
    [​IMG]

But yes, I am much happier with these new hairstyle drawings xD I'm happy with all of these but as I don't really know much about drawing hair I'll probably end up re-doing Will's... his hair is lovely but impossible to draw xx

Lee11 likes this.
  12. Lee11

Lee11 Active Member

You are doing just fine. In fact, better than fine...great. Just keep on having fun and sharpening those skills. Like what you are doing with their hair...I admire your attention to detail. Again, thank you for sharing, you absolutely inspire me! I will pop in again soon. ps: cute avatar (wink).

13. Lugia

Lugia Active Member

Thank you so much, it means a lot :) [And heehee, I know, this is one of my favorite photos of Chris... :rolleyes:]

Anyway uh, not to do with the comic at all but enjoy some little Photoshop things I made :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lee11 likes this.
  14. Lee11

Lee11 Active Member

Thank you again for the share. You are very kind. (-: I was thinking of you and your art the other day when I happened to see an older interview with Chris on The Ellen Show. He is soooo incredibly funny too, just so down to earth and had me laughing so much, it was unreal. Anyhoo...you take care, thanks again and have a great week:).

15. Lugia

Lugia Active Member

Aww, yes Chris is so amazing in interviews, I adore him! He's such a lovely and adorable human being.

Anyway, this IS somewhat comic related - once I get a scanner unpacked I think I'm nearly ready to start this up again.

[​IMG]