1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Some silly Coldplay art I made

Discussion in 'The Expression Centre' started by Lugia, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Lugia

Lugia Active Member

"We're two musicians, now fighting in the sky over Chicago... nothing unusual here!"

When the evil Mirror Martin emerges from an alternate universe he is an instant threat to the planet. Now Earth has fallen into total chaos and threatens to drag the rest of the universe down with it! Chris, Jonny, Will, and Guy are now the only people who have a chance the stop this from happening... but will they be able to?

It's a warm night in Chicago - perfect for the fight to save the universe. The fight may be in the sky - which could be a very unfortunate situation for anyone with ground-related powers - but Jonny can control just about anything made of rock, so he can take the ground with him! However, even though it is mid-July, Chris is a master of ice and snow, so this summer is about to get CHILLY!

[​IMG]

This took me a very long time to draw, I am very proud of it, lol... it's my first drawing with more than one person in it who are also POSING! This took me days to work on... heehee.

Lee11 likes this.
  2. Lee11

Lee11 Active Member

WOW!

Did you write the story too? I really enjoyed reading it...very much. The images are well thought out and executed too.

You are a force to be watched out for. Great imagination and creativity - the world needs more of this. You are definitely the story teller of the future. All the best, and do not stop. I hope the universe is saved (-: I reckon it will be.

Thank you so much for the generous share.

Lugia likes this.
  3. Lugia

Lugia Active Member

Aww, thank you so much for your kind words! I had a stressful day today and this really lifted me up! :)

4. Lugia

Lugia Active Member

At long last, also presenting: The lethal Mirror Martin himself!

[​IMG]
    ...the mysterious and lethal Mirror Martin... the ferocious mirror-counterpart of... Chris Martin? But don't let this fool you - Mirror Martin is angry and now that he's got one of the most powerful blades in the world, he is more dangerous than ever.

[His 'sword' is actually an enchanted pocket knife - if it is exposed to open flame or direct sunlight. the tiny blade will then ignite and become a mighty sword made entirely of fire. The flames become hotter and more destructive the more intense the fighting gets.]

Lee11 likes this.
  5. Lee11

Lee11 Active Member

Thank you. You put a huge smile on my face! (-: I was wondering, is the flame of the sword/enchanted pocket knife affected by his emotions (namely, the anger) at all? Or only direct flame/sun? The Mirror Martin looks mighty sexy too, I must say. ;)

You must bring out your own comic series. Again, thanks so much Lugia. You are super talented. Ciao4now!:)

6. Lugia

Lugia Active Member

The more intense the light or heat that initially ignites the blade, the more intensely it starts burning. However, if he's angered, then the blade will grown longer and if he's hurt or wounded it grows more hotter and also wider. If he's knocked out, however, the blade goes back to being a pocket knife again until he wakes up and lights it again. Hope that helps :)

Lee11 likes this.
  7. Lee11

Lee11 Active Member

That explanation really helped, thank you, i was just wondering...as it is a cool concept. Makes sense too that the flame sword will revert to a mere pocket knife when he is unconscious. But when he is awake, it is another story! (-: A far more exciting story.

Also love the idea of the blade shape-shifting according to emotional change - awesome. Nice work.

Again, thank you, I will check in to see if there are any more exciting updates for us in upcoming weeks. All the best on all your ventures....:)

Lugia likes this.
  8. Lugia

Lugia Active Member

Based off a doodle I did during lunch one day.

[​IMG]

This is Mirror Buckland, or to be more precise, our Jonny Buckland's evil twin. He has control over air as well as wind - it sounds very weak compared to the ability to throw, crush, and move rocks and control over volcanoes, but sudden hurricane-force winds and tornadoes can be very deadly.

Main differences from the 'normal' Jonny include, obviously, the chain, the backwards hat, and his eyes. His eyes are silver, not green, and emit a slight glow in complete darkness.

NOTE [regarding Chris/Mirror Martin]: The both of them have the "HYPERSONIC" ability, which involves, basically, their voices. However unlike most special moves, which need to be named prior to being initated [ex: to perform Reverse-Arctic Blast, Chris would have to call out the name], the ability just needs to be willed to happen. This can cause a few problems - for example, if the user subconsciously wants to attack and happens to perform the activation move [in chris's case, the activation would simply be screaming or shouting at the opponent] he or she could end up destroying something they didn't mean to or hitting one of their own party.

Chris knows several of these powers:
    Push - activated by shouting in the general direction of the target. Amount of words shouted determines the size and power; volume has little effect. [the fewer words, the larger the attack, but it's much weaker; the more words, the smaller the attack is but it's more precise and powerful]
    Burst - activated usually only by shouting one or two words; depending on how loud the shout was, it can send him flying or running at up to 150 miles per hour for up to ten seconds.
    Boom - activated by quickly screaming one word only, and it doesn't matter which one [swear words, while rude, work best for this one] - the attack in itself does little damage; it creates a large sonic boom sound that can deafen the opponent.
    Ring of Fire - considered one of the Forbidden Abilities. The only way to activate this is to scream as loud as he can, before sending a "ring" of sound waves that will grow up to five hundred feet in the air; this then goes flying outward, a massive wall of sound that will destroy anything in its path - allies and everything, and will also completely drain the user's hitpoints. If Chris were to combine this move with Full Arctic Blast, Ring of Fire would then become his Ultimate Move, Saturn's Ring - it is essentially the same attack except it is hundreds of times more powerful - and it is not only just waves of sound, but also ice and snow. This move could completely flatten all of New York City in less than five minutes. However, if he were to use this he would be instantly frozen solid and he could even die from using it.

[note: abilities are also much different from moves in that, when a person engages in "battle mode", the moves essentially are programmed into the system and are readily available for use with little to no risk to the system - abilities, however, are unique to the user and overusing them in the battle network could damage or even break it. the reason some abilities are considered 'forbidden' is because not only are they not programmed to the system and could permanently damage it for all users, not just the ones in that particular battle, but because they can and will cause harm to the one who uses them]

and jeez that was long, but glad to get all that stuff onto "paper" :D

Lee11 likes this.
  9. Lee11

Lee11 Active Member

That is some pretty impressive story-telling, thanks again. Yeah, I think control over the element of air is nothing to sneeze at ;)...and great use of imagination. All the other powers including those that Mirror Buckland shares with Mirror Chris....really sets the stage for some SUPER Power Battles!

You can take that into so many exciting places...
    Anyway, I will check in again - and give more feedback and ask more questions etc...this is really fun and interesting. Thank you, Lugia:)

Lugia likes this.
  10. Lugia

Lugia Active Member

Yay, thank you... :D

I'm home sick today so I finally got around to coloring this. It's a doodle I did depicting some of the differences in appearance between Chris and Mirror Martin, his evil twin...
    [​IMG]

Lee11 likes this.
  11. Lugia

Lugia Active Member

Quick notice: I'm actually getting started on this story now... except updates soon! :>

Lee11 likes this.
  12. Lugia

Lugia Active Member

I figured out a better way to draw Chris' hair. Also, after a while of being out from drawing I'm back in commission, yay! And one can say that I have returned with a lovely weapon with which to create some comics with...

So, using my new Wacom Intuos4 tablet I made a more proper drawing of Mirror Martin which actually looks sort of like he's supposed to look like! :D

[​IMG]

I'm also using another art program (GIMP) which is TEN TIMES better than what I'd been using before... so that makes things even better! This weekend I will begin some actual work on this comic.

Lee11 likes this.
  13. Lee11

Lee11 Active Member

Wow. You are right. There is a huge improvement in quality of the image itself. Well done! Looks like you have an exciting weekend up ahead. (-: I must say I really like his hairstyle, it suits him. For sure.

Great quality. Thank you so much for the share. Keep up the good work. You are very talented. Very. I look forward to more updates...in time. Take care and have fun!! Again, Thank You ~

Lugia likes this.
  14. Lugia

Lugia Active Member

Yep, I love how much more I can do with this tablet... it's like using paper except on the computer, in a way. But I like it a lot because now I can do my drawings from scratch on my laptop and not have to rummage around for a decent piece of scrap paper. >.< speaking of which, here's a WIP that I started earlier tonight. Spent ~2 hours so far on it.

[​IMG]

15. Lugia

Lugia Active Member

I finished it!

[​IMG]

Margit and Lee11 like this.