• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Social Security!

Astaria1

I brought my fiances grandmother home to get her out of the nursing home, and now she may have to go back because Social Security has their thumbs up their butts, and we haven't got her benefits. They are still sending them to the nursing home. I get that if you wait to long to make changes it takes longer. But if you do it at the beginning month and they have over 20 days to change the information, one would think that would allow for enough time to do payee and address changes. So now we are setting here with no rent money, trying to explain to the landlord why no rent money and all we hear is that it will be another 16 days before we see any money.
It isn't about the money other than I can't work a real job and take care of her. I don't want to send her back to the home but if we can't get her money, we don't have much choice. Here is to trying to do the right thing and let a poor little old woman spend her final days with family and good caring care, and we are looking to having to send her back do to slowness of Social Security.

Werbung:
It is sad to know that she might be returned to the nursing home. Hope there could still be ways to keep her in your house and hope she could get her money from Social Security faster.
It is still better for her to stay with her family for her remaining days since it is happier. ;)

Werbung:
I am sorry to hear this. :(

I personally have not had to deal with social security but I have heard many horror stories. I am sorry that it i taking so long to get the money, I hope that you are able to work something out with your landlord and that he is understanding. It is a very good thing of you to do, trying to take care of her at home. :)

Back