• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

snidy comments

rostaria

Okay this is my first post on here (apart from the intro) and I am diving in to a moan.
I am a member of a popular forum, but I think to be welcome you have to have a secret handshake to get in the door. Which as you can guess I wasn't told.

Everytime I posted something I would get a small handfull of helpful comments, but mainly from the staff I would get really snidy ones. So after having enough of this I sent a PM to one of the admins asking them to please delete my account. I then got attacked for wanting to leave.

It was always my opinion that if you run a forum then you have to show a level of maturity which the forum in question seems to be lacking.

I have now left, but I still getting PM's from other members so obviously I go back and read them.

Werbung:
I have never known a forum where you couldn't delete your account. If the admin has that much of an immature attitude maybe you could politely threaten to spam the forum. I agree it is not very nice but it should get your account deleted pretty quickly, then you won't have to read the messages. However maybe you have just taken some of the comments the wrong way? It quite hard to judge a persons' tone by text only and I have often taken offense to comments before when the poster meant nothing by them.

I have never known a forum where you couldn't delete your account. If the admin has that much of an immature attitude maybe you could politely threaten to spam the forum. I agree it is not very nice but it should get your account deleted pretty quickly, then you won't have to read the messages. However maybe you have just taken some of the comments the wrong way? It quite hard to judge a persons' tone by text only and I have often taken offense to comments before when the poster meant nothing by them.
this forum is quite harsh when it comes to how it treats its members which is a shame really.

This sounds like a weird forum. Why would the administrators be sending you rude comments like that? You should probably contact the forum owner and make them aware of their administrators behavior toward forum members. Also, if you want to leave the forum, why wouldn't they just let you without all the harsh comments? I hope they deleted your account like you asked them to.

Wow, what idiots... honestly in that situation the best thing to do is just walk away, and then put up a block on the site if you need to... what site is it, though, just out of curiosity? It sounds familiar.

Why are there even admins like that? Isn't the point of a forum to get more active members on and posting? Members are a forum's livelihood especially if the forum monetizes through ad deals. They are just shooting themselving in the foot. :confused: Ditch that place and tell the members that miss you to see you on another forum to chat.

Why are there even admins like that? Isn't the point of a forum to get more active members on and posting? Members are a forum's livelihood especially if the forum monetizes through ad deals. They are just shooting themselving in the foot. :confused: Ditch that place and tell the members that miss you to see you on another forum to chat.
This.

I've been on forums with literally THOUSANDS of people on them, and the admins have NO control over the community... it's more like a chatroom than a forum, really. But when the admins do take a stand, THEY BANNED THE WRONG PEOPLE!

I won't reveal the name of that place because... ugh, I don't want to think about anymore... bad memories there. Bad, bad memories...

Okay this is my first post on here (apart from the intro) and I am diving in to a moan.
I am a member of a popular forum, but I think to be welcome you have to have a secret handshake to get in the door. Which as you can guess I wasn't told.

Everytime I posted something I would get a small handfull of helpful comments, but mainly from the staff I would get really snidy ones. So after having enough of this I sent a PM to one of the admins asking them to please delete my account. I then got attacked for wanting to leave.

It was always my opinion that if you run a forum then you have to show a level of maturity which the forum in question seems to be lacking.

I have now left, but I still getting PM's from other members so obviously I go back and read them.
this site sounds REALLY familiar, but why do you go back to read the PMs, if you've left it?

That's odd and breaks ethical guidelines. Forget about that forum, if they're nasty ignore the comments, you don't deserve it do you!
Just have fun in our community, you won't experience anything like that here :D

Aww thats one scary forum to be a part of. I would probably find ways to delete my account. There might be an option you're not just aware of. :p I think it is every members right to join or leave a community if they deem proper. :3 Well, welcome to GPF ^^

Werbung:
I was a member in a forum like that (a Greek one). It was good at first but then, it got spoiled. So, that's why I left it. And also, that's the reason I started looking for something else. I found GPF and here I am! :D

Back