• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Smoothies Galore!!

My smoothies might not be for everyone, but they are super healthy if you can tolerate it. First, I usually add a very generous serving of a green, whether it being spinach, kale, dandelion, collard, etc. I know it seems pretty gross, but the greens don't add a very overwhelming flavor. Then I will add some frozen berries usually or 1/2 a frozen banana. For a liquid I add unsweetened almond or hemp milk. I do use soy milk once in a while but only in moderation. Lastly, I usually add some flax, wheat germ or hemp seeds. It isn't the most delicious combination in the world, but my skin looks so much better when I've been consistently drinking this.

Werbung:
I'm actually not big on smoothies because I end up going with rather sweet ones. I love just mixing fresh or frozen berries with ice and yogurt. It's delicious, but not exactly healthy to drink much of either.

I do enjoy sweet somoothies - but I don't have them too often because they are extremely expensive where I am, and they are not that much cheaper to make at home because frozen fruit is still pretty expensive. On the odd occasion when I do have one, I will have a shot of wheatgrass in it - I know that you should really take it regularly for it to have any great effect, but it makes me feel better! :D

Werbung:
Back