1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Smoothies Galore!!

Discussion in 'LifeStyle' started by Snowbaby, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Snowbaby

Snowbaby Active Member

Bring on your favourite smoothie recipes.... I need help [​IMG] I tried to make one and oh my god it's GROSS!!!! :roflmao:

Who's gonna help me out....!!!! [​IMG]

2. thistle

thistle New Member

[​IMG]

I aint very good with recipes....I tend to just chuck stuff together and see if it works lol.

Our Fave so far....

1 Banana
    6(ish) strawberries)
    1 kiwi fruit

Chop up and throw in a jug. Add a healthy dollop of natutal yoghurt and a splash of fruit juice (think we used cranverry and raspberry)........then blend it all together until it's all smooth and scrummy.

3. Snowbaby

Snowbaby Active Member

Serves 2
    Kiwi Strawberry Smoothie

INGREDIENTS:

• * 1 banana
      * 6 strawberries
      * 1 kiwi
      * 1/2 cup vanilla frozen yogurt
      * 3/4 cup pineapple and orange juice blend
    DIRECTIONS:

Place the banana, strawberries, kiwi, vanilla frozen yogurt, and pineapple and orange juice blend in a blender. Blend until smooth.

4. Subby

Subby New Member

500ml orange juice...
    ...Ice...
    .... Vodka....

[​IMG]

5. Chantilly

Chantilly New Member

I find any smoothie will taste fine as long as there's a banana in it. It's like the magic ingredient. [​IMG]

6. thistle

thistle New Member

lol yer but why is it that no matter how many other fruits you have in there, it ALWAYS tastes of banana? I mean they hardly have a strong flavour do they?

[​IMG]

7. AliceCoopersGirl

AliceCoopersGirl Active Member

Best smoothy out there... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

8. Princess Pyro

Princess Pyro New Member

I tend to avoid smoothies, but that is because most of them contain yoghurt and soygurt is just way to expensive [​IMG]

[​IMG] PP [​IMG]

9. fastchaz36

fastchaz36 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Subby @ Apr 2 2006, 12:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    do they make one with JD in lol????

10. Bluesy

Bluesy New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Snowbaby @ Apr 1 2006, 09:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    That sounds good! I tried something similiar with orange juice and it came out horrible. Maybe the fruit wasn't ripe enough. [​IMG]

11. Nutrition Edge

Nutrition Edge New Member

12. NatureElf

NatureElf Member

I think the blender makes a big difference. I have a vitamix and my smoothies are always great.
    I usually use in season fruit along with a banana.
    This mornings was.....
    1 banana
    2 organes
    half a kiwi
    small apple
    3 tbl of flax seed oil
    ice cubes and some water

13. Luv2write

Luv2write Member

This one sounds really good. I love the flavor of pineapple juice but have never tried it in a smoothie. I will have to use your recipe after I get my groceries. Can not wait to try it.

14. That sounds absolutely delicious. I will buy the ingredients and try your smoothie recipe this weekend. Should be yummy!

15. oceangypsy

oceangypsy Member

That does sound yummy. Like a dessert! Thank you for sharing, I am going to try this one out.