• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Shaving

Dreek Lass

I tried shaving my legs in my early teens but got pretty bored of doing it, and probably haven't shaved them since. The problem with that is that I am probably one of the hairiest girls you will ever meet. The hair on arms and legs just grows and grows and grows, no matter if it's raining outside or the sun is out lol.

My question is, do you think that most girls shave because they don't want any criticism from their peers and boyfriends, or do you think that most girls shave because they, themselves, like it?

Werbung:
I can only speak for myself: I shave myself because it makes me feel pretty, I just feel the best when my skin is like silk and when I have hair only on my head. Somehow it makes me more self confident.

Personally, I shave because I think that it looks nice. It looks better to be shaved and well groomed, in my opinion, so that is why I continue to do it. To answer your question, yes I think a lot of women and young ladies out there shave because of their spouse or to avoid criticism from others. That is completely understandable because I personally wouldn't want to be the joke of the party. I know of many females who says that they hate to shave with a passion and wish that it was okay to be hairy. I think that it is okay to not shave and be hairy. One should do whatever it is that makes them happy, and not live up to others expectation.

I get waxed! I do it for myself because I don't want to be hairy. I personally think hairy women are pretty gross! I also think it's really unnatractive to the opposite sex. Personal grooming is important to me and I want to look the best I can. Waxing is an important part of my grooming routine.

I would say a little of both. I think many girls shave because they know what others think of it so they want to look good. Honestly, if it were me and I never had to go outside or show my legs to anyone but myself, I probably wouldn't shave unless I was really bored one day. I know there are lots of women who don't shave, but I would be too embarrassed to go out in public with hairy legs, but that is just me.

I would say a little of both. I think many girls shave because they know what others think of it so they want to look good. Honestly, if it were me and I never had to go outside or show my legs to anyone but myself, I probably wouldn't shave unless I was really bored one day. I know there are lots of women who don't shave, but I would be too embarrassed to go out in public with hairy legs, but that is just me.

I saw a woman at my place of work a couple of weeks ago who was sporting a beard. I nearly threw up in my Latte. There's just no excuse for that kind of lax attitude to ones personal grooming. A BEARD!!!!!!

I saw a woman at my place of work a couple of weeks ago who was sporting a beard. I nearly threw up in my Latte. There's just no excuse for that kind of lax attitude to ones personal grooming. A BEARD!!!!!!

Well I think that it is your issue that you find that kind of appearance nauseating. If the woman wants a beard, then what is wrong with her having one? She was presumably an adult, and I think that she is entitled to look and groom - or not groom - in whatever way that she wants.

Personally I haven't shaved in a very long time. I used to but I can't be bothered anymore, and anybody that doesn't like it will just have to miss out on seeing my magnificent naked body :p

A few years ago, one of my female teachers had a beard too...but it was really no big deal. If she was okay with it, it was her right to wear it. As far as I know, she had some problems with hormones and this is why hair grew so quickly on her face.

There are ways to get rid of beards ladies - electrolysis, lazer treatment, waxing. No excuse!

I find it pretty sad when women 'give up' and stop taking care of themselves.

I don't have any visible hair on my face so I can't speak from my own experience but I'm pretty sure that waxing a beard must be extremely painful. And if this woman shaved herself every day, the hair still would be noticeable...I don't know. Personally, I would never let myself look like this but I believe that it's her choice and I don't have any problems with it.

I don't have any visible hair on my face so I can't speak from my own experience but I'm pretty sure that waxing a beard must be extremely painful. And if this woman shaved herself every day, the hair still would be noticeable...I don't know. Personally, I would never let myself look like this but I believe that it's her choice and I don't have any problems with it.

I have a friend with a fibroid problem, and it somehow causes an increase in testosterone, hence why she began to grow the facial hair and the hair in other areas of her body. She has the hair removed though, and it is free for her on the National health Service because of her condition.

My grandmother, a few of my aunties, and my mom have little curled up strands of hair sprouting out of their chins. I, at 22, have one or two. They are not really that obvious, until I pull one and point them out to people, but I hear that if you cut them, then they grow thicker and faster. I have had those strands of hear for as long as I have been a teenager. I don't mind them.

I shave because it became a habit over the years and I am not comfortable if I go more then 2 days without shaving. I can typically get away with every other day, but I don't go longer then that. It started as a teen for appearance and it just followed me into adulthood to the point where I can't stand it if I don't shave. But if a woman doesn't shave, it is her choice and it doesn't bother me at all.

I don't shave, I get waxed. But I do it for myself. I mean it fits into the social norms and what not, but I genuinely think it looks nicer. It makes things look nice, feel nicer, get less hot and in some areas (underarms) smell better!

I don't shave, I get waxed. But I do it for myself. I mean it fits into the social norms and what not, but I genuinely think it looks nicer. It makes things look nice, feel nicer, get less hot and in some areas (underarms) smell better!

I can understand your point here about shaving for hygiene reasons and things like that. I have never gotten waxed in my entire life. I have only ever shaved. Does it really hurt as much as everybody always depicts? And not to be too invasive or anything like that - because that is not how I mean to come across - but do you shave everywhere or do you leave the hair to grow in some areas. I have always been someone that sweats profusely. I think it is down to a over active thyroid problem, so whether I shave under my arms or not, I'm still going to sweat terribly.

Werbung:
Waxing is not painful as such. Yes, it's slightly uncomfortable under the arms or on the bikini line, but I am of the opinion that it's 'no pain no gain'. And, once you have been waxing for some time the hair in the area that is treated does grow back much sparser. I have been having my legs waxed for around 20 years now, and even after 6-8 weeks there is very little growth.

Back