• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Self Tanners

sillylucy

Hey ladies! So I'm really, really pale and am going on a date this Thursday. I need a self-tanner that is going to look natural and work quickly! Like 2 days quickly. I have used Jergens in the past, but it makes me yellowish or I look like Snooki because I put too much on. Now I'm thinking spray tanners. Any suggestions?

Werbung:
I don't think any self-tanning products ever look good. It seriously always comes out orange. Trust me, your date won't mind, he'll definitely like it better than you being an oompa loompa.

I can't remember the name of it now. It seems like it's L'Oreal actually. They have wipes instead of a cream/gel. I used it some last year and it worked really well. The key is to follow the instructions exactly...don't try to leave it on longer or anything. You want it to look natural and not like you just rushed to get it done in 2 days. A little color is all it's going to take to make you feel refreshed.

I don't really think that self tanners work in a good way. Well professional or not it usually turns orange once it starts oxidizing or something. Well, I don't think you being pale would have any impact on the date. If you go on several more dates and possibly start going steady I don't think he will never find out how pale you really are.

I have not seen any self tanner work for anyone I know. At least, not yet. In the UK there are pills you can take but I am not sure how long they take to work. I saw them in a pharmacy in London central.

What about using a bronzer, just for a more gentle glow? Sorry I could not be more helpful.

Personally I do not like the way any of the self tanners look. They seem to look orange and fake. I would sit out in the sun with some tanning oil on, or go to a tanning booth if its not sunny in your area.

I have used self tanning lotion in the past and was never happy with the result.

Hey ladies! So I'm really, really pale and am going on a date this Thursday. I need a self-tanner that is going to look natural and work quickly! Like 2 days quickly. I have used Jergens in the past, but it makes me yellowish or I look like Snooki because I put too much on. Now I'm thinking spray tanners. Any suggestions?
Hi Lucy. Are you in the US? Have you ever tried Mystic Tan. It's at the tanning salon, but it's a spray tan. You step into a booth and the machine sprays you, then you get out and blend. I've tried it before and it does work. I seem to have better luck if I'm not actually applying the self-tanner myself. Another poster suggested bronzer, that's another great option to cheer up your face.

I have tried several self tans and have yet to fine one that I LOVE. I like the Jergens lotion the best that gradually adds color, but this probably will not work for you since you only have 2 days. They have a fast version, but I didn't really like the color.

Thanks for the advice ladies! So we postponed our date because he got class that day and I was a little relieved about it. I did have time to get the Jergens lotions and only used it for three days before I started to get Snooki dark. I just needed that little color so my legs weren't super shocking to look at against my new dress. Thanks for the help!

I like Jergens, too. I know it is late now, but have you ever considered just going to a salon for a spray tan instead of a store brought one? My sister in law gets the spray tan and the salon and her tan looks natural.

Werbung:
Normally people who are natually pale look better pale. There's nothing wrong with being pale. Flawless porcelin skin can look beautiful. I have naturally olive skin but am sometimes jealous of my pale friends. :) It also sounds risky trying fake tan before a date as if it goes wrong there's not much you can do. No one wants to look like an Oompa Loompa on their date. Besides if the guys a nice guy he'll like you for your natural beauty anyhow. If you still want a bit of tinted moisturiser. You can get ones that work gradually to build a sun kissed vacation look.

Hope you have a wonderful date.

Back