• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

School uniforms

That last picture.... Ew (in my opinion).

Gotta agree with that!!

Claudine,
You found some pretty decent uniforms. I went to a Catholic school and those skirts were too short especially the Japanese uniforms. If a nun thought a skirt was too short, we could be subject to the ruler test. It was not good if you failed the ruler test. Our skirts had to be one inch above the knee or below.

Werbung:
Catholic school is something not for me then, I don't feel good in long skirts...just out of curiosity: what was happening when someone failed the ruler test? Was it possible to be expelled because of it?
This is the cutest school uniform ever, it looks like uniforms in Sailor Moon:

szcool1209734833.jpg

I had to wear uniform right through school. We had one uniform for Winter which was a dark blue skirt, white shirt and blazer...and another uniform for summer which was a dress. Our uniform was quite attractive but I always wished we could wear our own clothing. I suppose it took the pressure out of worrying about what you were going to wear etc. Uniforms are not that bad!

Catholic school is something not for me then, I don't feel good in long skirts...just out of curiosity: what was happening when someone failed the ruler test? Was it possible to be expelled because of it?
This is the cutest school uniform ever, it looks like uniforms in Sailor Moon:

I can't speak for Parker's school...or even current schools....

But I know in the past, it wasn't uncommon for the teachers (or nuns, depending) to use those same rulers to discipline students. They wouldn't expel a student over a skirt too short, but they may discipline them, especially if it's not the first time it's happened.

I can't speak for Parker's school...or even current schools....

But I know in the past, it wasn't uncommon for the teachers (or nuns, depending) to use those same rulers to discipline students. They wouldn't expel a student over a skirt too short, but they may discipline them, especially if it's not the first time it's happened.

It's awful:eek: I hope that it's no longer legal. It isn't, right? I know that 20 or 30 years ago in my country corporal punishment was something normal in schools but now, if a teacher tried to beat a student, he would be immediately fired.

I wore a uniform from 6th to 10th grade, and I really missed it when I moved schools and couldn't wear one for my last two years of HS. I love dressing up, but it was always a bother to try to pick out casual clothes to wear to school so early in the morning when I had other stuff to get ready for, too. And for nearly everyday out of the year. Also, you know how some girls can be very judgy about your clothes :/ I think it's worse in my uni because the girls always wear heels, put on fake eyelashes, and get all sorts of dolled up just to go to class when I just want to put on a school hoodie and jeans.

Plus, my HS uniform did a fab job of showing off my legs and made me look skinny, haha!

Anyamarina, I understand how you feel, going to my high schol was like going to a fashion show:p I love my dresses and skirts and I like dressing up but still, I would love to wear a school uniform...if it was pretty of course.
These are great:

6003569227_fbc4b21e32.jpg

On a daily basis, I love wearing clothes inspired by school uniforms:D I would love to wear this outfit, isn't it perfect?:

Ladies-Trend-Retro-England-Style-Checker-Plaid-Long-Sleeve-Button-Dress-Girl-s-School-Uniform-Dresses.jpg

Werbung:
Anyamarina, I understand how you feel, going to my high schol was like going to a fashion show:p I love my dresses and skirts and I like dressing up but still, I would love to wear a school uniform...if it was pretty of course.
These are great:

6003569227_fbc4b21e32.jpg

On a daily basis, I love wearing clothes inspired by school uniforms:D I would love to wear this outfit, isn't it perfect?:

Ladies-Trend-Retro-England-Style-Checker-Plaid-Long-Sleeve-Button-Dress-Girl-s-School-Uniform-Dresses.jpg

I really love this second outfit! It's very lovely and I could really see myself wearing it if I started wearing more skirts. It's kinda fitting that she's Asian though, they are so tiny and look so cute in these things!

On the subject of school uniforms though, most of them really don't look all that great, not around where I'm from anyways. I had to wear them in Elementary and middle school and it was just a pair of navy pants with a red, white or navy blue polo-type shirt. It's was really boring until us kids got creative and starting buying stylish clothes that still fit the 'standard' colors and rules.

Back