• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

School uniforms

ClaribelHikaru

Have you ever had to wear a school uniform? If so, what did it look like? Also, what are you thoughts on school uniforms in general?

I've worn one in the past. It wasn't much. It was just a white dress shirt and black dress pants. I didn't mind wearing it at first but I hated it after a while. Once I left the school, I burned it.

I don't have a problem with school uniforms in general, though. I think they can look good when done right. I just don't like the idea of wearing the exact same thing every day. Even though I primarily wear those white dress shirts, I still switch it up with different skirts and pants, sometimes jewelry.

Werbung:
No, I never had to wear a school uniform and I'm not really excited about the idea of school uniforms as well. I believe that causing students to wear uniforms gives them the impression that the only way to get along with each other is to conform to the same standards.
I mean, we're different. We're all equal yet different.

I see your point. Though, I feel like it can also give them the impression that they will need to learn to make themselves stand out more and rely on their personality rather than dressing to impress others.

I still have a pair of my uniform. It's in a box in the back on my closet. I think it still fits, but I haven't worn it since I left the school.

I've always dreamed about wearing a school uniform! Especially after watching Sailor Moon:D School uniforms are so pretty sometimes, I'd love to have one and I'm sure I wouldn't mind wearing it everyday. I think it's adorable when all students are dressed in the same way. Unfortunately, in my school we were allowed to wear whatever we wanted:(

I attended Catholic school so I had to wear a school uniform. In elementary and junior high, I would a red plaid skirt with multiple pleats and a white button down blouse. The boys had to wear white shirts with black and white (salt and pepper) pants.

In high school, my uniform was a white blouse and navy blue skirt with two pleats. It also had a blue blazer. I had a class tie which was red.

I loved the uniform because it eliminated the "What am I going to wear to school" problem. I hated the uniform because it made me stand out as a Catholic school kids. I also had to polish my shoes about twice a week.

I've always dreamed about wearing a school uniform! Especially after watching Sailor Moon:D School uniforms are so pretty sometimes, I'd love to have one and I'm sure I wouldn't mind wearing it everyday. I think it's adorable when all students are dressed in the same way. Unfortunately, in my school we were allowed to wear whatever we wanted:(

That's actually the first time I have ever heard someone complain that they were allowed to wear whatever they wanted and that they wanted uniforms instead because they're "adorable" and "pretty," lol!

Most school uniforms are not cute, unfortunately. I can see the allure of some of them, but in practicality, they're rarely that great to look at.

That's actually the first time I have ever heard someone complain that they were allowed to wear whatever they wanted and that they wanted uniforms instead because they're "adorable" and "pretty," lol!

Most school uniforms are not cute, unfortunately. I can see the allure of some of them, but in practicality, they're rarely that great to look at.

I've never seen any school uniforms in real life so maybe this is why I'd love to wear one - I imagine that they're very pretty - like these in Gossip Girl or in Sailor Moon:D

I've never seen any school uniforms in real life so maybe this is why I'd love to wear one - I imagine that they're very pretty - like these in Gossip Girl or in Sailor Moon:D

They definitely don't look like Sailor Moon costumes, lol. And from what I've seen, Gossip Girl ones are made to look sexy and fashionable. That's not normal for schools at all....and infact, it's usually the exact opposite with really long skirts and whatnot. Here are some examples of real in-school uniforms:

School_uniforms_GBR.jpg

school_uniforms.jpg

Nepali-School-Uniform.JPG

They do sometimes have the potential to be worn in a way that is a bit "cute" but you have to be careful because there are rules to be followed and you can only change or add so much. Even earrings or headbands and whatnot usually have restrictions.

school-uniform-ties.jpg

school-uniforms.jpg

Great find Jessi!

School uniforms are not sexy. The skirts have pleats. I hate pleats. The had to be just above the knee. No short skirts were allowed. I had a fellow high school student who wore her skirt down to her ankles. It was very stylish.

Okay...this is not exactly what I imagined...but I love 4th:D . If I had a school uniform like this, I'd be very happy to wear it all the time:love:
2th and 3th in my opinion are terrible, these skirts are way too long. I know that they aren't supposed to be sexy but this is too much.
I really like these uniforms:

school-uniform.jpg

And here are some lovely Japan school uniforms:

Japan.jpg

DSCN0729.JPG

Does getting to set up your own uniform make things better for you personally? I'm talking about where your uniform comes from a clothing chain store and you get to pair it up with what you want.

Apparently, mine was from George. If I wanted to, I could probably remake my uniform with stuff from there. I still have at least one pair of it, though.

Claudine, those are some good examples. I really don't like the last one at all...the top is frumpy and the skirts are kind of weird. I like that they appear to be able to choose their own shoes, though, so that gives them a little bit of freedom.

Jessi, I really like the color of the uniforms in the last picture but I agree that the shape of them isn't perfect. But still, I'd like to wear something like this:)

These are even prettier, I love wearing pleated skirts:

hakuho-girls-high-school-seifuku.jpg

But I must say that in my opinion these uniforms are really horrible:

uniform_web.jpg

Werbung:
Back