1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Scholarships versus Being a Working Student

Discussion in 'School and college' started by digitalbrew, May 15, 2012.

1. angelle

angelle Member

I receive loans and grants but right now I have to pay for classes out of pocket, which means I have to work. It is very difficult to work and pay for classes as well as try to excel in your classes. I wish that I didn't lose my financial aid because I would have graduated by now. Sometimes things happen in life and you have to work ten times harder to get what you want.

2. claudine

claudine Member

Even though mot of the time I have good grades, I've never gotten any scholarships. In my country, it's not easy to get one. Fortunately, higher education is free here, so I don't have to worry about it:)
    To be honest, I really admire people who get a job while still being a student. If I started working, I would have to give up on sleeping, there is simply not enough time to do both. Every day, I spend so many hours at the university:(