• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

'Scared' to have kids?

I think it's normal to be scared - I'm scared too. I just don't feel ready for children yet. I also sometimes worry that even though I'll be doing my best, I'll still act like my parents because I have their genes...I don't want to be like them but what if I can't help it? I'd love to have children though - just not yet.

Werbung:
I don't ever want kids! Nothing wrong with that in the slightest. This world is overpopulated anyway. If you choose not to have kids, you will be doing yourself and the world a favor.

People used to tell me I'd want kids by the time I was 25. Then it was 30. Then it was 35. Guess what? Still don't want kids. I'm never going to feel like I've had enough fun, or spent enough time on myself. I'm never going to suddenly want a massive amount of responsibility and increased financial hardship. I'm never going to want to be in charge of another person's life.

I honestly can't understand why anyone WOULD want kids... but that's just me.

Like everyone else says on this thread...'there is nothing wrong with you'. Also, when you get older your feeling may change, but maybe it won't. There is nothing wrong with either option. Everyone is unique and your life has to be lived out the way you see as best...and that may or may not include children.

Werbung:
Nope, nothing wrong with you. This isn't a few decades ago when the girls wanted to be married and starting families as soon as they turned 18 and 21 was starting to feel over the hill. :) So many people are waiting until they're ready now and that's often not until late 20s or 30s... or not at all. Just do what's right for you and don't let others tell you what your own "normal" is.

Back