• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Rude Children

Sounds like you need to have a chat with the parents.

Even if you don't, then you need to lay down the law with the kids yourself. Be blunt with them and don't take any crap. Once they realize you mean business and aren't a pushover they will leave you alone. :)

Werbung:
Manners have seem to have gone the way of the dinosaurs. Every one is to self center these days. When you focus everything on what you want then there is no confederation for the rest of us. You cant expect children to have manners when they never see there parents use anyone.

My parents would never have let me behave like that and I hope that I will be able to bring my child up as well as they did me!

Everyday, I head to the football field with my 10 year old son and everyday I'm bombared by rude kids ranging from the ages of 6 to 10. I always bring my younger child with me and she brings a snack because we are there for 2 hours each day. Each day a group of kids try to take her food from her by begging and even trying to get in our car to see what we have. It is really getting out of hand. I teach my children to use manners but I'm starting to believe they are a rare breed. One child in particular came up to me put her hand in my cup and took a piece of ice. I thought about approaching the parents but I don't think they will care, they tell their children if I take my daughter over to the nearby park I can take them too and I don't even know them! It just really grips me and I know the children can't help it, it is really the fault of the parents but it gets old!

Children with manners are almost becoming extinct. I have also taught my daughter to always use her manners, and I am trying to teach my youngest that as well. Unfortunately my fiancee, has four children to his ex-wife, which is only unfortunately because their mother teaches them to be rude and steal and be violent. So when we have his other children on the weekends it is very difficult to get them to even follow the rules of house let alone use any manners. My daughter gets taken advantage of by these other children who are rude and bullies and a completely different breed almost from how I was raised and am trying to raise my child. I also see it other places, even when I am just picking my daughter up from school. My mom and grandparents would have beat my rear-end until it bled if I treated anyone the way kids today treat other kids and even adults.

Wow!!! I can't believe that some kid actually reached into your cup and took an ice cube. That is so gross! That would have been the last straw for me. I would have marched right up to the parents and talked to them. It is true that they probably wouldn't even care though. It is unfortunate that the kids with the manners usually are the ones to get picked on. :(

It is unfortunate that the kids with the manners usually are the ones to get picked on. :(

I hate to say this but it seems that nowadays, "It's cool to be cruel!"
That's the reason why nice kids are getting picked on. They are the minority. They are different from all the others who are rude, and cruel; the "in crowd". The parents of those kids you mentioned amylisa, should be ashamed of themselves (I doubt they would.)! They are raising kids who have the potential to be trouble makers in the future.

I'm sorry you and your children have to go through that. What's important is despite all the bad influences, you still manage to keep your children well-mannered. Good job!

Werbung:
I have seen cases of rude kids as well and I'm amazed each time of how their parents don't give a damn. Manners are indeed a rare breed and I'm afraid my kids will let themselves influenced into having a rude behavior by their future classmates.

We were at an indoor playground last week and my son was riding in a little car. Another boy came to him, took him by the hand, got him out of the car and took it. My son just let him be and went to a different toy but I got really pissed. Especially when I noticed how proud that boy's mom seemed to be of his deed. I truly wanted to punch her in the face. Thank God I still have my manners.

Back