• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Rude Children

amylisa1127

Everyday, I head to the football field with my 10 year old son and everyday I'm bombared by rude kids ranging from the ages of 6 to 10. I always bring my younger child with me and she brings a snack because we are there for 2 hours each day. Each day a group of kids try to take her food from her by begging and even trying to get in our car to see what we have. It is really getting out of hand. I teach my children to use manners but I'm starting to believe they are a rare breed. One child in particular came up to me put her hand in my cup and took a piece of ice. I thought about approaching the parents but I don't think they will care, they tell their children if I take my daughter over to the nearby park I can take them too and I don't even know them! It just really grips me and I know the children can't help it, it is really the fault of the parents but it gets old!

Werbung:
Parents should really teach their children good manners. And I think better to really approach parents of those kids if they are with them on that place. Their parents should discipline their kids first when they saw it bullying someone or doing bad things and not to just ignore it and make their children think that it was just okay.

We used to have neighbor kids like that. One day, as a special treat, I bought my kids a dozen donuts from Krispy Kreme and told them we weren't opening the box until they finished all their chores. As soon as I got out of my car, these kids were begging for them. I told them that we weren't going to open them until my kids cleaned and no, they couldn't get me to open it now. They proceeded to knock on my door every 2min for the next 3 hours until I finally told them they weren't getting a doughnut and if they wanted one, they should ask their mother to get them one. I didn't want to be mean but what do you do? I had a newborn at home and my doorbell was ringing nonstop!

I know exactly what you are talking about! When I was younger my uncle got remarried to a woman who had 4 kids of her own and first time we met them I absolutely disliked them. The youngest one tried to bite me and another kept jumping on my bed. They also smelled kind of bad. Probably just do what they learn from home.

If some kid came up and put his or her hands in my ice cup, I'm sorry, but he or she would be corrected right there on the spot. I would then tell the parents as well, but you're right; sometimes these kids act this way because their parents allow it. I say if you don't want your child corrected by another adult, then teach them to have some manners! Wow---I am still shocked at a kid doing that! My daughter would be grounded for months for pulling something like that!

I absolutely hate dealing with rude kids! I am working with mine to not be rude, but you know younger kids don't always see things the way adults see them. I have managed to get my 6yo to not grab things from everyone or touch their stuff but my 4yo is a lot tougher to teach that!

Shoot, I stopped dealing with rude kids years ago. If I have problems with them I will correct them just like I do my own. If the parents don't like it, well then they need to put a leash on them. I have done it countless of times at stores where the parents just let them run wild. One time a the store a little kid (about 7 or 8) was running up and down the aisle darting in front of my buggy. I almost hit him several times. So, I finally had enough and told him to stop running around and behave. Well he ran off and about 2 or so minutes later her comes some untidy looking woman in a moo-moo and demanded if I yelled at her kid. So, I told her very bluntly, " I am sorry madam, but if you would take charge of your heathen instead of letting him torment other customers then maybe he wouldn't have to be told to do so by someone else. Or better yet if you would decide to be a parent then maybe you could train him right. But do not blame me for your bad parent skills and or the lack of educating yourself in the proper manner befitting a parent." She stood there and stared for about a minute then walked off taking her child with her. To me it is rude to let your child run unattended therefore it allows me to be rude in correcting another persons child.

Adults don't have manners these days. I have seen people tear each other down and be rude for no reason and it's sad. Children learn from their surroundings and hopefully people will start watching their kids and not give into their demands. I used to work at a day care and believe me a lot of parents these days reward bad behavior.

I agree, parents, in general have dropped the ball in teaching children the basics of good manners and proper behavior when around others. I have a pet peeve about kids touching things in the grocery store, especially the produce. I l.ove being at the grocery store right when it opens because I can almost be assured no snot nose child has fondled the apples. At the store, I have seen kids run wild up and down the isles, yelling and bumping into people, then giving the person a dirty look! I do speak up. I will say, in my nicest voice, 'it never hurts to use good manners, and that includes the words, please, thank you, excuse me,'. So many adults will push their cart right behind you, not say one word, then either bump you with the cart, or huff really loud. I will look them in the eye, and tell them, 'I didn't know you were behind me, and it would have been great to hear you say, excuse me, may I get by, instead of a grunt or a huff'.

Fancy, the scenario you described with adults acting like that in the grocery store is exactly why their children act the same way. It's one thing to tell kids to behave, but if they see their parents acting a certain way, then they will mimic it.

Phoenyx, I didn't mean to imply that very young children should know. When I was thinking about the other post about the child grabbing ice, I was picturing maybe a 9 or 10 year old. However, it's never to early to teach manners, but with the really young ones, it's a bit more understandable as they are still trying to adjust to social settings themselves.

Adults don't have manners these days. I have seen people tear each other down and be rude for no reason and it's sad. Children learn from their surroundings and hopefully people will start watching their kids and not give into their demands. I used to work at a day care and believe me a lot of parents these days reward bad behavior.

I live down the road from a family that argues day and night. The language that comes out of that mother's mouth when she "talks" to her children is horrible! I would have slapped myself silly if I'd ever talked to my child like that even once in a quiet voice inside the house, let alone screaming at her in the yard for the whole neighborhood to hear.

There used to be several kids down the road, in the 8 to 10 year-old area, who were really awful. They would go around ringing doorbells and running away and they would knock on my window to make my dogs bark. One day I was driving down the road and one of them put their middle finger up at me. I stopped my car and backed up to their house, where they had run into and knocked on their door. They stood there crying as I told their father about the incident, denying it the entire time. I don't know if he ever did or not, but they never bothered me again.

I have noticed that 'family values' are becoming an outdated idea nowadays. I'm also shocked to see how some children behave and cannot but remember how big my folks were with me being well behaved. I don't know what they would do back then if I said or done the things some of these kids do now :D

It's important as a parent to teach good manners to your kids and also make sure they become some good people. It's easy to get distracted and be too loving, but kids with no manners are not something one should wish to have.

If its one thing I'm proud of when it comes to my kids its that they are very well behaved
and well-mannered. They are polite and clean and 'yes ma'am or sir' is common practice.
Of course, my children also know that mommy IS NOT raising a bunch of savages. There's
a family of unruly parents & kids in my neighborhood, and the amount of disrespect these
kids seem to have is incredible! They ask me where I'm going when I leave the house, what
I'm cooking for dinner and if they can have a plate, how old I am ( a cardinal no-no ) and of
course, the parents are no picnic either. One of the kids demolished my daughters stroller and
she just looked at me with this clueless, deer-in-the-headlights look and said, "I'm sorry, I didn't
know who's it was!" as if that made it better?! It's okay for your child to destroy someone else's
property as long as you don't whose it is?!
I'm just proud that my children conduct themselves better.

I think some parents are just too lazy to teach manners. I often see children that are rude and out of control. I think back to how I was raised and I would never even have thought about being rude. It's unfortunate.

Werbung:
That is totally the parents fault and I know that they are just rude adults raising rude children who will jut grow up to be another crop of rude adults. I hate how you try to teach those rude kids some manners and their parents just get defensive and want to yell at you for trying to "raise their kids." I swear there needs to be a license to have children.

Back