• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Room Redecorating?

saraerose

It's so stupid.:mad:

I really want to redecorate my room, it's been the same ever since I was BORN. Infact, even before that, about 18-19 years it's been the SAME.

Of course, just the walls and carpting. It's my room now and I really just want a light yellow wall with a nice light-wood flooring. Guess what? It's a fading pink color on both the wall and flooring. (They were first dark!)

I do not like pink.

My dad promised me 4-5 years ago we could paint my room. It's still the same and it looks even more old, It's so babyish! Everyone else got to make their "dream room" I'm living in a room with even furniture I hate. My bed feels like I'm sleeping on cardboard with curtain on top.

My parents say they don't have money when: "Ahem"

*They have the paint color downstairs.
* My dad knows how to remove carpets.
* I've seen them hide money before.

I Just want to have a nice room. I Want to be happy with my room, I want to be comtherble.My parents refuse to even talk about it...

What Do I Do? :confused:

Werbung:
Offer to help decorate the room with some help. Enlist some friends to come help you with the room Re-dec. Maybe use some leftover paint from around the house because you said it might be available. Just keep bugging them. Maybe raise some of the money yourself for example offer to buy the paint. It will be a fun thing for you and your dad to do together if you get them off their lazy booties :D

Hope I helped,
ComicSTIX

I feel exactly the way you do. My parents let me paint my room whatever color I wanted... when I was 4. My room is a light purple wich seems to have faded over the past 8 years. The carpet it stained to a point where it just looks like a dirty light brown, not the pretty beige it used to be. My dad said we could paint my room this summer. Well, I have a month and a half left.

We should get together and make a petition. The petition to let kids have the room they wants :D

For one thing, your mom and dad are probably busy so they are giving you excuses when they could just as easily say, "I don't have time!" But, then again, they might have told you that before. Anyway, if you want to paint your room, go down and get the paint and do it yourself. You seem to be old enough to make these decisions for yourself. You're living in your parent's home, so it seems you are asking them permission. But really, you are old enough to take on the responsibility for painting the room. If you can't get the paint, then buy your own. It can cost up to $100 or more for paint and supplies, so keep that in mind before you start. When you start painting, your family will probably pitch in, if only to make sure you do a good job.

They may honestly not have the money. Money is tight for many people right now. Decorating a room is not a priority compared to bills and food. Could you earn the money for the paint and perhaps cover the carpet with a couple of nice rugs.

Well how old are you?

Paint is not very expensive... go to your local store and see if they have any bargain paint offers... sometimes when they are down to single cans of a particular colour they will reduce the price a lot to get rid of it... buy several colours of small cans maybe.. Paint each wall a different colour! Then do window sills another contrasting colour.. get your best friend to come help you. If you have plain boring furniture.. paint that too! you can do lots of things to brighten your room for very little money. If you have an allowance you could use that.

If the carpet is getting yukky... go to local yard sales, see if you can pick up a nice rug from somewhere... use a few pretty shawls/scarves to decorate bedposts or throw over chairs and lampshades...

use your imagination.. you'll end up with the coolest most unique room..

and i wanna see photos!

White or magnolia paint is usually cheaper and sold in larger tins. You could buy one can of a deep colour and a larger can of white and mix the deep colour with the white to get a lighter shade of your chosen colour.

I liked my room to be elegant-looking, unfortunately I don't have my own single room. LOL

Anyways, I think you should do things on your own, if your parents really don't want to help.
Just be creative and eager enough to achieve whatever you wanted to do in your room.
You can do it, just needs determination.
Go girl!

Werbung:
I never had my own room ever since and I really wish I had one. I would be glad painting my own room. If your parents don't want to help you or maybe they are just busy, I guess you can do it with your own. You can paint whatever color you want. If I had a room, I will paint it with my own and many I will add some paint decor like trees, grasses, etc as I love to paint though I am not a master of it. Surprise your parents by decorating it with yourself at your own cost, they will be happy about that. :)

Back