• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Reminders Of Our Childhood

Snowbaby

Things that remind you of your childhood, toys, games you played, things you had, things you did on a certain day with a parent?

I'll start: the Commodore 64 games console

Werbung:
rara skirts
<

Every time I see a little girl dragging a backpack with wheels, it reminds me of my elementary school days.

My dad's '96 Taurus. It's about fifteen years old now but she runs real fine and she's got plenty of stories to tell you... if she had a mouth she'd talk your ear right off.

Having reunions or gatherings with elementary friends reminds me of my childhood. Also seeing game cards, street games and paper dolls.

When my kids watch the same cartoons I watched as a child. My pictures of course, don't have any baby ones but when I was a teenager I took all the photos my mom had of me and my brother and made a copy of each. Some figurines that miraculously survived all these years.

Ooooh, what about songs, you guys? For me it's the following:

Dreams by Van Halen - I used to listen to this song OVER AND OVER AND OVER again in the car with my dad when I was little and living in Indianapolis... it reminds me of our old blue VW Passat, and times when I could be so carefree and not worry about anything. It also reminds me of when I was obsessed with planes, especially seeing the amazing Blue Angels at air shows!

Actually, a couple of years ago I went to an air show near a Naval Base sort of near Virginia beach (my state has a LOT of the nation's military/intelligence/government stuff, so we get this kind of stuff) and got to look at a lot of cool planes, including the Nighthawk, the new Raptor, and of course, the Blue Angels, and that song played!! :D :D I'm a big US Navy/Air Force fan (my dad's uncle [who I was really close to] was in the US Navy during WWII) so that was REALLY cool, I wish I could go to something like that again...

1) Digimon

2) My grandma used to feed me bread with tomato and feta cheese every afternoon<3

3) My grandfather's razor blade set which I still keep :)

Werbung:
My mom actually gave me a small reminder the other day, when I was a little kid I had a little wooden box that was shaped like a tooth. When I would loose a tooth I would put it in that little box for the "Tooth Fairy" to come retrieve my tooth from. Now, I have that little wooden box to use for my daughter, when she gets old enough to start loosing her teeth!

Back