• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Pregnancy And Birth Book Reviews

Lottie

Have you read any Pregnancy and birth books that really impressed you or that you found unproductive? Good or Bad, let us know !

The one book I found to be completely patronising and yet worked a treat in some aspects was:

The New Contented Little Baby Book by Gina ford.
contentedbaby.jpg

To begin with I felt like I was being instructed by a headmistress or some other authoritarian figure and picked the book up and put it down several times in dismay. However she does infact make some valuable pointers, even though she comes across as very harsh.
Personally I took a little of what I thought I could cope with and the rest I didn't bother about. Unless you are willing to keep to an incredibly strict regime its not the book for you. This is just my personal opinion.

7/10 from me.

Werbung:
The Rough Guide to Pregnancy and Birth by Kaz Cooke.
roughguide.jpg

This book is brilliantly funny!
<
...At least I think so. If you want a book that is informative but also with humour and giggles and a down to earth approach, I thoroughly recommend it.
A 10/10 from me.
<

What to Expect When You're Expecting by by Arlene Eisenberg, Heidi E. Murkoff
bk_expect.gif

This is a very good reference book and I used to look in here ALOT when I wasn't sure of something.

I rate this 9/10!

Here is a review from amazon.com:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Amazon.com
This traditional, popular guide to pregnancy covers every possible aspect of the prenatal period: pregnancy tests; choosing a caregiver; month-by-month fetal development; eating correctly; sex during pregnancy; common illness symptoms; and childbirth options, including cesarean section and pain medications. The authors also provide a healthful approach to prenatal nutrition, though some women may find it hard to consistently meet their high standards. They use a reassuring and informative tone to describe and answer common concerns and not-so-common problems, and the month-by-month format is particularly clear and helpful. While What to Expect When You're Expecting is an excellent overall guide, parents-to-be interested in a less physician-centered approach are advised to use it in conjunction with other pregnancy resources[/b]

I had the "what to expect" books, they where very good.

Edit! Found the title..

Your Baby and Child
by Penelope Leach

Very good book. I like her common sense approach

New Pregnancy and Birth Book: The Complete Practical Guide for All Parents-to-be (Paperback)
by Miriam Stoppard

0751311677.02.TZZZZZZZ.jpg

Synopsis
This revised edition covers very aspect of pregnancy and childbirth for all parents-to-be. It provides information and guidance for both partners through every stage from preconceptual planning to the first days of life; and features an extended month-by-month pregnancy calendar highlighting the physical and emotional changes that occur during pregnancy and the development inside the uterus.

Werbung:
Back