• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Pre School or kindergarten

Lucky120

I have to ask this question. I mean my son is 3 now and I know that we have to pay for pre school I guess on base since they go by your income. I have to ask is it better for your child to go to pre school or just start with kindergarten? I went to Pre school and I know some that had to wait. Is there a good and bad thing when it comes to waiting or letting them go early?

Werbung:
I would encourage people to get their children in the habit of going to school as quickly as they can. The interaction with other kids is a good learning experience, particularly if you're dealing with an only or spoiled child. Getting them used to be around other people than family and to a structured learning environment early is beneficial to children's growth. That being said, it's not necessarily of the up most importance to ship them off to school early, in my opinion. My children were ahead of the curve when the started school because we already had a structured, learning environment for them here at home. We read to them daily and bought just about every learning DVD and tool that we could find. So they could learn the same things at home that their going to learn at school if you work with them, so the only benefit they would achieve would be the interaction and playtime with other kids. But I suppose that's necessary to to a degree.

I imagine that it would be hard for a child to transition into full time at the age of 5, if they had not attended anything previously. My daughter went to "4K" 2 1/2 days per week last year and will attend Kindergarten full time starting next week. Although I did not have to "pay" for 4K as it is public, I would have wanted her to do SOMETHING. Social interaction is a huge part of growing up. Then keep in mind that children's basic habits, personality, and human behavior are almost fully formed by the time they are 5 years old. It is important for children to interact and play with other children. Is there something you can do inbetween now and Kindergarten? My son is 3 1/2 now. He is home this year, will do half day (8am-11:30am) 4K next year at 4, and will go to Kindergarten when he is 5.

I never went to preschool and I had no problem adjusting to school. I actually enjoyed that extra year at home before having to go into a school setting. I got a chance to spend more time with my mom and she taught me my alphabet and how to spell my name before I got to school. I think she prepared me better than any pre-k teacher could have.

I know a lot of kids who don't do preschool and do fine, so the jury is out on that. I did however want to say that in my state, kindergarten is optional and it's only for 2 hours and 10 minutes daily. If you want "full day" (just under 6 hours) it's $450/mo. But either half or full day kindy is optional here.

None of my four children went to pre-K and I think they're doing quite well in school. But I think if you have the opportunity to send your child to pre-K, it's better to send him as this would develop his social interaction with other kids instead of staying at home watching tv or playing video games.

No doubt mothers especially stay at home moms are better teachers than the pre-K teachers but truthfully how many mothers do have the discipline to sit down with their own child and teach the alphabets and numbers without getting frustrated?

Werbung:
I don't think it's wrong either way. For some kids. going to preschool is great. It gives them a headstart at learning....more social time.... and place to burn off energy... For others, it's stressful or they gain no real benefit from it so it's fine to wait. I would decide based on what you guys actually need/want...and what's best for your child.

Back