• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Political Correctness

thistle

Is anyone else sick of all this PC nonsense that is sweeping our lives?

For example:

At my nieces school they are no loner allowed to say "blackboard" it is nor a "chalkboard" ..... WTF? it's a board that is BLACK in colour !!

They are not allowed to sing "Baa Baa Black Sheep" ........ it's "Baa Baa Coloured sheep" ........ HUH? it doesn't even have the right amount of syllables to work?

The teachers are not allowed to send out letters to parents informing them if there are head lice doing the rounds in case it "discriminates" againt those who don't treat their children ......WHAT THE .... if someone cannot even be bothered to rid their own child of parasites then they DESERVE to be shamed in public !

The school in question is currently infested by fleas or something along those lines and pupils/parents AND teachers are being bitten to hell (my neice os covered in bites) but NO!! they won't make any announcement about it .......they're just going to quietly fumigate the building during the holidays.

My sisiter in laws wee brother suffers from a severe form of Crohns disease.......contact with anyone who is suffering from measles/chicken pox etc etc WILL land him in hospital and still the school refuses to inform his mother if there cases of these diseases in the school becasue it's against policy ....... her child's life is at risk and they will do nothing in case they "offend" someone.

Urgh I could go on and on but I'm sure other people have expamples of PC naffness that they woudl like to share so I'll let someone else have a rant

Or do you think PC is all for the greater good?

Werbung:
Although I understand why they are doing the whole PC thing... I disagree on such issues you mention here. This is children's health at risk!! It's being taken to the extremes of silliness
<

Political correctness has made society worse on the whole, then the problems it thinks it solves. Now, I don't approve of racism.... But I always thought racism was when you did something or said something NEGATIVE about another race... Not just.. identifing them.

I mean.... If someone came up to me and said "Hey... your white". I would first say I'm more of a pinkish color, but I can't see how its offensive. Its almost as if instead of teaching people we are all the same, and the differences mean nothing.. we are seemingly telling them we are different... and if you mention it your a racist.

Seriously, this just creates silence... and instead of kids being taught being a black sheep is no different from being a white sheep... they are being neglected into ignoring difference, rather then accepting them....

I think that makes sense lol

Personaly I do think that the polical correctness is a bit way overboard. It tends to make things more complicated than they have to be and therefore more difficult to correct.

hun I havent read ya post fully but I got this to say.,..

I think Political Correctness is just another excuse to cover up some major bullshit happenin in the USA these days...

Am dead freakin serious...

To me it seems like the USA is too busy kissin ass of their own citizens and all this other unneccessary bullshit when there are far more important factors (i.e. war goin on over the middle east, high gas prices, and other IMPORTANT ISSUES) to be more concern with...I bet if they put as much effort into these important issues as they do in Political Correctness bullshit and other unneccessary bullshit...I bet this place be a better country...

Stop wastin time on stupid nonesense like political correctness to save ass and spend more time on more important issues that really and truly matters!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (thistle @ Mar 30 2008, 12:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The teachers are not allowed to send out letters to parents informing them if there are head lice doing the rounds in case it "discriminates" againt those who don't treat their children ......WHAT THE .... if someone cannot even be bothered to rid their own child of parasites then they DESERVE to be shamed in public !

The school in question is currently infested by fleas or something along those lines and pupils/parents AND teachers are being bitten to hell (my neice os covered in bites) but NO!! they won't make any announcement about it .......they're just going to quietly fumigate the building during the holidays.

My sisiter in laws wee brother suffers from a severe form of Crohns disease.......contact with anyone who is suffering from measles/chicken pox etc etc WILL land him in hospital and still the school refuses to inform his mother if there cases of these diseases in the school becasue it's against policy ....... her child's life is at risk and they will do nothing in case they "offend" someone.

Urgh I could go on and on but I'm sure other people have expamples of PC naffness that they woudl like to share so I'll let someone else have a rant

Or do you think PC is all for the greater good?[/b]

Do you know who has decided on such madness as not to write home to the parents? I am pretty sure OFSTED would be very interested to know about this. It goes completely against their national standards.

You know my view on the political correctness from the 'other' site :D .

I have to agree with you Thistle. Especially with the whole 'blackboard' thing. If you can't say blackboard, why can you say whiteboard? :huh:

It's like I was said to someone the other day:
If you have a parade for homosexuals, it's 'Gay Pride' and "They are so brave to come out', blah blah blah. If you have a parade for heterosexuals, you're a homophobe and a 'hateful breeder'.
If you say 'Black Pride' it's all well and good. But if you say 'White Pride' you're a rascist who supports the KKK and Nazis.

People are mad I tells ya.

Oh man there's this amazing ad out at the moment, it's so hilarious. The chick is all "NZ has gone soft...what are you playing little girl?" and the wee girl is all dressed up as an Indian and she goes "COwboys and Indigenous American Indians" and the main chick breaks open a pianata and veges come out and a kid is about to blow their birthday candles out and right beside him is a guy holding a fire extinguisher, pointed at the cake, ready if anything happens...

(It's actually an ad for bread - the only thing in NZ that should be soft is Tip Top Bread or wahtever hahaha)

In fact it's on youtube!

EDIT: Ok so that youtube thing we now have didn't work? Oh well...the link is there...

Nope, it won't get any better. It will slowly plummet until you cannot speak freely to anyone without getting reprimanded for it...

It's BS if you ask me.

As Carlin stated:

It is not the words in and of themselves that are offensive, it is the CONTEXT it is used it.

Sometimes truth hurts... get over it...

Racism is one of the things that annoys me most in the word but political correctness is not doing anything to change racist attitudes and it's also stemming the flow of free speech which despite being a right that allows bigots to be bigots is still necessary in a free and democratic society.

Even if political correctness becomes so far out of control that we cannot revert back, biggots will be biggots. I really do not think the restriction of speech is going to do ANYTHING about that.

Political correctness only tries to wrap it in flowers, but it still means the same damn thing. So what is the point?

Oh man there's this wonderful advert out at the second, it's so hilarious. The chick is all "NZ has gone soft...what are you enjoying minor lady?" and the wee girl is all dressed up as an Indian and she goes "COwboys and Indigenous American Indians" and the major chick breaks open a pianata and veges arrive out and a kid is about to blow their birthday candles out and ideal beside him is a guy keeping a fire extinguisher, pointed at the cake, prepared if nearly anything comes about...Kitchenaid Pasta Extruder

Werbung:
If the PC issue has to do with what would be common sense, then it's fine... but soooo much of it is so totally ridiculous that I stopped paying attention to it a long time ago.

Back