• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

PMSing

Belligerent

I am PMSing like crazy. It just makes me feel so blah and gross. I feel unattractive and hopeless, like things aren't going to get better. I know that's a bit silly, because I do realize it is just because I am PMSing that I feel this way.

How do you get over it? I'm not cramping or hurting.. I just feel down in the dumps. I want to eat a whole pint of Ben & Jerry's but I'm trying to stay healthy so that is out of the question. I need some help.. any suggestions?

Werbung:
I am glad your not cramping, I used to have the most horrible cramps. The only thing I can suggest is trying to stay active, if you can go out for a run or even a walk it will help. Something with endorphins being released helps with moods. Drink a nice ice cold glass of water and sit back with your feet up and a good book if that's what you like or some nice music if that's what your into. Distraction is key.

I am glad your not cramping, I used to have the most horrible cramps. The only thing I can suggest is trying to stay active, if you can go out for a run or even a walk it will help. Something with endorphins being released helps with moods. Drink a nice ice cold glass of water and sit back with your feet up and a good book if that's what you like or some nice music if that's what your into. Distraction is key.

I don't get cramps too often. Last month my cramps were so bad that they felt like labor pains (I've never gone through labor, but I've had a kidney stone and the contractions from the kidney pushing out the stone is said to be identical). They would come every few minutes and I would grip something tight and scream because it hurt so bad. I probably get cramps maybe twice a year.. knock on wood.

I do need to be a bit more active. I exercise on a regular basis but I have been slacking the last couple of days just because I feel horrible.. but you're right, exercise is normally my cure-all for everything.

Thank you for the suggestions! I feel a bit better now that I indulged in some apples with peanut butter and tomorrow I'll wake up and be a bit more active, then treat myself to a good book. :)

I am PMSing like crazy. It just makes me feel so blah and gross. I feel unattractive and hopeless, like things aren't going to get better. I know that's a bit silly, because I do realize it is just because I am PMSing that I feel this way.

How do you get over it? I'm not cramping or hurting.. I just feel down in the dumps. I want to eat a whole pint of Ben & Jerry's but I'm trying to stay healthy so that is out of the question. I need some help.. any suggestions?

You need to start taking Omega 3,6,9. They sell it at Walmart for like $5. It helps a lot of things. One of them is the cramps. I am way older than you and have been cramping and getting moody a long time. After taking it for about 3 weeks, my period came, and I didn't even feel it coming on, and neither did anyone around me.

You need to start taking Omega 3,6,9. They sell it at Walmart for like $5. It helps a lot of things. One of them is the cramps. I am way older than you and have been cramping and getting moody a long time. After taking it for about 3 weeks, my period came, and I didn't even feel it coming on, and neither did anyone around me.

Thanks! I'll definitely try that. I get enough Omega 3s, but I'm not sure about 6 & 9, so it's definitely worth a shot.

For the record, I went out last night and had a nice Mexican dinner and came home and ate a sugar cookie & reeses pieces. I've felt so much better sense then.. and the best part, I didn't gain any weight for some reason. xD I guess my body knew I needed some comfort food.

The Omega 3,6,9 at walmart that comes in the green bottle also has flaxseed and Barage Oil in it. Which may also be what helps. I am happy to spread the word to any female young or old about this miracle. I wish I knew years ago. I don't even need Midol anymore. Now if they can make something that slows down the bleeding part.....:confused: now that would be perfect.

I drink lots of water and avoid caffeine. Sometimes I will smoke a cigarette. I have a pack that I call my "Oh Shxt" Cigarettes. PMSing is definitely a time like that for me.

I wish I would just start already. I've been really crabby to my entire family for no reason for the past two weeks. It's getting on my nerves.

I don't think it's so bad to let yourself eat a bowl of icecream once a month. As long as you don't make a habit out of it, shouldn't be too bad. I usually try to do something I enjoy like watch a nice movie or read a book. You can also try hanging out with friends and see if that helps.

I just hate PMSing - I'm always so angry, everything annoys me, I act like I was a really awful person. I cry a lot and worry a lot and I'm so pessimistic. Fortunately my wonderful boyfriend is always very patient with me. I aways feel so guilty afterwards:cry:

In general, if it's the emotions that are out of control and you're feeling down in the dumps, try to find things that make you feel better. If comfort foods are out of the question, then go play a game or watch a comedy movie. Hanging out with friends might not be of interest to you if you feel gross, but it would certainly cheer you up.

I have been so very blessed. I don't get cramps or any major PMS systems. Several years ago, I had horrible cramps. I had to leave work. I remember thinking that it was unacceptable and how do women deal with it. My friend told me that my body was changing and that I would get cramps every month. Thank the universe, I never had cramps again.

Anyone who has to deal with them and PMS has my deepest sympathies.

I get extremely bad PMS that begins 2 weeks before my period. Then I have a week of period. So basically, I get one "normal" week per month. :( I also suffer from bad cystic acne because of my hormones, and I don't know the solution. This issue has left me feeling suicidal before because life is so miserable. I don't know what to do but if anyone has an answer, let me know.

Btw, my type of PMS is actually called PMDD. It's basically a severe form of PMS that they prescribe antidepressants for. Except I don't want to take those. I was heavily medicated all through my teens and it messed me up even worse. I don't need antidepressants, I need something to stop my hormones from being this way! But I don't know if there is such a thing.

Werbung:
Jesserotica, have you tried birth control?

It's still a medication technically, but it's only helping balance out your hormones. It's not going to give you the wacked out feeling like anti-depressants might. It's possible that you could only take them temporarily and would find relief in sort of 'resetting' some of those hormones.

Back