• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

pigtails

claudine

Do you wear your hair in pigtails? Do you do it often or only when nobody is able to see you?:p I'm an adult but I still think that they look very cute:D . Pigtails are simply lovely!

32.jpg

Alexa-Chung-Long-Pigtails.jpg

Braided pigtails are cute too!

easy-summer-beach-hair-L-XJuj9z.jpeg

What do you think?

Werbung:
I think low pigtails, like those in the pictures look really nice on people who have very long hair. I wouldn't wear high ones because I feel I am too old to be carrying off that style, especially when I do high pig tails for my 4 year old daughter. :)

Some young women can pull them off. But I think after you hit age 13, it's time to get rid of the pigtails. One ponytail is a different. Ponytails can be sophisticated depending on how it's worn. Certain women of my culture wear high ponytails. It just looks so wrong especially for the over 40 crowd with thinning hair.

I wear mine in braids similar to that last one. As you can see there, it does make a woman look rather young, though, so I have to be really careful. Considering I already look rather young, it can make me look like a teenager and that's not always ideal.

I like the first one a lot. I never wear my hair in pigtails in public because I feel that I don't look good in them. However, sometimes I will wear them in braids, like the last picture around the house, and take them out right before I go somewhere so my hair is wavy. I think it looks good after I take my hair out. It also looks a lot better than using a crimper to crimp my hair.

I found a couple pictures of me in low pigtails

jta00n.jpg

I definitely think I look a fair bit younger there than I do in a lot of other pictures.

Jessi, you look lovely in low pigtails!:) You should wear them often:) I also love your outfit in the second picture.
Personally, I prefer when my pigtails are not low - this way they make me look even younger - and even without them I look like a teenager - but I don't really care, I'm used to the fact that people think that I'm at least 10 years younger than I really am:p I just hope it will be the same when I'll be really old:p

Hey Jessi,

Your pigtails are cute. Definitely not the "girly"type of pigtails. You really look like your avatar too!

You look so cute Jessi! I do wear low pigtails and I have long hair. I am Native American so I feel extra Native and Pocahantasy whenever I braid my hair. I usually do it to get my hair curly quickly. I spritz on some curling spray and then braid for an hour. I do my makeup while my hair is braided then I have beautiful waves and am ready to go.

Thanks ladies! Can we at least agree that dressed like that and my hair that way..... I don't look like I'm nearing 30 years old? :p

Lucy, I love that you embrace the Native American side and go for the pigtails instead of avoiding it like the plague. I have a friend who is proud to be NA, but refuses braids because she thinks they're too stereotypical.

I love how Zooey Deschanel looks in pigtails. She would probably look good in every possible hairdo but pigtails make her look especially lovely.
Here are some great pictures:

Zooey+Deschanel_pigtails.jpg

Werbung:
As you can tell by my avatar that yes sometimes I wear pigtails :) I wear them to go out sometimes and I will be 37 this year. My avatar is a pic of me from a couple years ago, not many years ago.

I don't always have time to do my hair like that tho with 2 daughters as I am often spending more time on their hair then my own.

Back