• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Paul Mckenna Will Make You Thin

Snowbaby

Did anyone watch the "Paul McKenna will make you thin" programme last monday evening? I did, I have to admit I was highly skeptical... "Yeh right, whatever".

But a lot of what he had to say was just basic common sense.... but common sense we really don't think about within our busy lives.

What he put forward was not a diet, or healthy eating plan, but he called this the "Four golden rules":
  • 1. When you're hungry... eat
    2. Eat what you want
    3. Eat consciously
    4. When you're full up... stop
Let's break these down:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
1. When you're hungry... eat
How many of you have such a hectic day that you tend to either skip lunch or eat a "late lunch"? Paul recommends staying in the safe zone (the green area):

1. Physically faint
2. Ravenous
3. Fairly hungry
4. Slightly hungry
5. Neutral
6. Pleasantly satisfied
7. Full

8. Stuffed
9. Bloated
10. Nauseous

2. Eat what you want[/b]
You know when you say to yourself, "Right, no chocolate today"? What is the one single thing that you crave that day?? yes.... chocolate!! Why deprive yourself of the food you enjoy.... but eat it in moderation
<

3. Eat consciously[/b]
By eating consciously, Paul means that we need to slow down our eating. How many of you here gobble your food so quickly you hardly taste it? By eating so quickly, you are not giving your stomach time to send signals to the brain to say "I'm full up". And hence this leads to being over-full, bloated and sometimes to the extent of feeling queasy! Chew your food more slowly.

4. When you're full up... stop[/b]
What he means here seem VERY obvious, but isn't it true that we have been brought up as a society to "clear out plates"? Paul advised to be very aware of our body's food capacity and to tune into your body, looking for signals of being full... and then stop eating![/b]

Werbung:
I've heard of him, he came here awhile back and did a show, he's a hypnotist, freaky I have to see one of those.
Interesting though I am very skeptical...I don't think a lot of these would work.

Wow...thanks for posting that hunnie...its very interesting.

I must admit that I now tend to try to eat when Im hungary and chew my food slowly and stop when full...but I do deprive myself of things I like(crisps and chocolate)

Werbung:
i used to eat a cream cake everyday and i lost weight stopped eating them for two weeks no chocolate no crisp put 7lb on

so i eat what i want now with loads of walking still eat loads of fruit tho and loads of water

my mum always used to tell me to chew it 20 times to fill your belly up
<

Back