• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Pain Relief In Labour.

Lottie

Natural
Yoga
Aromatherapy
Diversion Therapy
Hypnotherapy
TENS Machine
Water
Gas & Air (Entonox)
Diamorphine or Pethadine
Epidural
Mobile Epidural

These are some of the pain relief that can help during labour. Feel free to add if i missed any out
<

I am wondering what everyone used or is planning to use and did it work?

Werbung:
I used Gas and Air with Ben and Eden, which worked fine. I gave birth to Joel totally naturally, no time to give me any by the time I'd got there

Same here... I never had time. Although I tried some gas and air and that didn't help the pain at all. So I ditched it and went without. It just made me feel very very drunk for a couple of seconds.

I do remember towards the end screaming for an epidural even though I really am scared of needles. All the midwife could say was lets try something else sweety.... It was too late by that stage. LOL!
<
What Joy!!
<

I got greedy I took the gas & air and the epidural..but because my labour was so darn long..when it was time for me to get rushed into theaters..the epidural had worn off and it was too late so I gave birth the natural way in the end....I was in labour for 26/28 odd hours or so..
<

I had an emergancy C-section and was given a spinal block due to the fact that Joey was in serious distress. Its similar to an epidural but more dramatic. I literally had no sensation from the neck down.

Originally posted by Dot@Apr 23 2006, 02:26 PM
I had an emergancy C-section and was given a spinal block due to the fact that Joey was in serious distress. Its similar to an epidural but more dramatic. I literally had no sensation from the neck down.
Yea that is more or less the same as the epidural..I couldnt feel myself from the neck down either...but when it wore off..DAMN did I ever feel the aftermath
<

Originally posted by Dot@Apr 23 2006, 02:53 PM
lol, not me. I was given plenty of pain meds after so it was bearable until they removed the staples.
Dot.....how long did it take you to recover from the C-Section??? I am asking you this because I do plan to have another baby before I turn 35..but after my last ordeal and giving birth to a 8lbs14 big baby...I had to be stitched up and it took me 8 weeks to recover..in fact I had to go in and have my stitches re-stitched again ...and my midwife told me she has seen women that recovered from a C-Section in less time it took me to recover...so I was thinking next time I may want a c-section :umm:

Eek. My recovery was extremely long and complicated.

Joey was an emergancy C-section. We were in hospital for 5 days. My staples were removed just prior to our release, unfortunately upon leaving the hospital my incision burst. For 6 weeks I had a nurse come in twice a day to pack and change my dressing (don't ask
<
) After that I would say a good 6-8 months.

My case however was a little unusual

Werbung:
Originally posted by Dot@Apr 24 2006, 10:42 AM
Eek. My recovery was extremely long and complicated.

Joey was an emergancy C-section. We were in hospital for 5 days. My staples were removed just prior to our release, unfortunately upon leaving the hospital my incision burst. For 6 weeks I had a nurse come in twice a day to pack and change my dressing (don't ask
<
) After that I would say a good 6-8 months.

My case however was a little unusual
Ohh dear...you had it rough girly..well I am glad you are ok now but I am sure its an experience you will never forget in a hurry...but wait Dot you have ->
<
and thanks for letting me know...gee when the time does arrive I hope I dont have it that bad...finger crossed eh!!

Back