• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Old people... BLAAAAH

Lugia

I hate how (at least at my school) there’s a strict cutoff age for celebrities and music we’re allowed to like before we’re treated like pedophiles.
Seriously, all the guys and bands I like are considered “old”.

coldplay2.jpg

how are these people the SLIGHTEST BIT OLD

Werbung:
Do they consider Coldplay old? :confused: Just ignore them. I wonder when they 'll start listening to real music and stop "consuming" all that mainstream stuff...

Who made up that rule? The instructors or the other students... If it was the other students, I can understand. I think they expect you to like everything they like & they treat you terribly in an attempt to make you conform. As for the people/bands being in your age group.... Its because of the media! I swear, half the younger singers aren't really as good as the media makes them out to be. Ugh, especially that Justin Beiber...

First off, you wouldn't be treated like pedophiles--pedophiles are the offenders, not the victims. Second, if you're at school, unless you're at a private school where you live as well as go for an education, then why are you listening to music there in the first place? Third, who are these "old" people that you're talking about? I understand that this forum is for whining about things, but please listen to yourself when you post stuff like this--it makes anyone over 25 twitch in frustration.

First off, you wouldn't be treated like pedophiles--pedophiles are the offenders, not the victims. Second, if you're at school, unless you're at a private school where you live as well as go for an education, then why are you listening to music there in the first place? Third, who are these "old" people that you're talking about? I understand that this forum is for whining about things, but please listen to yourself when you post stuff like this--it makes anyone over 25 twitch in frustration.
I have a few people at school who I talk to about music. Also, we're allowed to listen to our music during lunch study hall provided we use headphones. I didn't know every little detail about myself had to be constrained and kept secret from society.

No one has said that anything needs to be "secret and constrained." What I asked about was the "old people" that you were talking about. I also corrected you about the use of the term "pedophile." (You're welcome, btw)

I am aware of what a pedophile is as my fifth grade teacher was arrested for being one. I am NOT a pedophile but the way I am treated by my peers for my tastes and interests is very bad and I used the term "pedophile" as figurative speech.

The "old people" are various celebrities I like including Richard Hammond, the members of Coldplay, Rob Swire, and David Tennant from Doctor Who.

Funny you should mention The Stones -when I was in high school during the early 80s I took a lot of crap for loving The Rolling Stones. "Eewwwww! They're so OLD!!" At the time Mick Jagger was 36. Yeah. Ancient. I'll take that over A Flock of Seagulls any day, thanks. (This was the 80s remember!)

Like what you like. Someday they'll realize that you were the cool one with taste all along. Trust me.

I am still a big fan of N*sync.. and they havent made music in a long time. Singers/bands are just that. Who cares if its a boy band! Its music that I like and I will boogie to it if i please :p

Oh thank heaven! If the Rolling Stones are old, than I still fall under the "not so old" category.. was starting to wonder lol

I have to agree with annifer333. It really does not matter what anyone else thinks or says, what matters is what you like. Don't forget people that point fingers usually have something to hide about themselves. Confident people enjoy what they believe in, so just keep enjoying your music and be proud of it!

Werbung:
I agree! It doesn't matter what other people think, just be yourself and like who or what you want to. The world would be a very dull place if we all liked the same things.

Back