• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

No Motivation... What to do?

QuatreHiead

I'm not feeling at all motivated to get anything done today. There is a lot I need to do for work, school, and extracurriculars but I just can't find the energy and focus. Somehow I managed to bake yesterday, even though it wasn't really (at least I don't think) for stress relief. I just wish that I didn't wake up so tired in the morning and could have a good start.

I've been arriving later and later to work too.

Anyone have suggestions on how they motivate themselves to get going when your mind and body seems to be at odds with you in school or work?

Werbung:
Well how are you sleeping at night? It sounds like it's going to be a vicious cycle for a while if you're dragged down during the day and waking up not feeling rested either. Are there stressers outside that are bogging you down? Maybe you just need a day off to recuperate and get a fresh start.

Jessi is correct. It's hard to be focused, think clearly and be motivated when you're physically exhausted. There's no amount of will power than will overcome exhaustion.

Are you maybe doing too many things? Or maybe you're doing stuff that isn't exciting or stimulating. What are your favorite things to do each week? What do you enjoy about each activity?

I have days like that, and I will freely admit, I give into them. I usually find it's because I'm massively overtired, and I need to take some time to just go to bed really early, and recharge. I don't interact with anyone online, I don't talk to anyone on the phone, I'll simply spend time doing things in the house, taking care of my dogs, and then go straight to bed. Sometimes I'll read until I fall asleep, but mostly, I'll just go right to sleep and sleep until being in bed hurts.

Yes it should be said that I stay at home (I'm self employed), but I am literally no good to ANYONE, if I'm not rested enough.

Thank you everyone for all the kind feedback. I am honestly not certain it has to do with some other outside dissatisfaction with anything. My job is difficult, not very easy and balancing learning for work and for completing assignments as school can be stressing. However, I understand both are necessary to gain experience in my desired field of work.
As for if I'm doing my favorite things... I believe so. I guess perhaps too much of anything can tire a person out could be the issue??

Perhaps maybe at the end of this week I'll plan more of an easy lazy Sunday, then perhaps I can get refreshed. I'm hoping that will do the trick, but it is a busy week so I may just end up trying to balance loss of sleep. It's also true I haven't been able to sleep very well here and there these nights.

There's no compensation for lost sleep - sometime you just need to rest no matter how much you love what you do.

A friend of mine is also an entrepreneur, she loves her job and is brilliant. But it takes its toll and some nights she's just in bed super early, after spending time at home pigging out and reading a good book. I feel you as well, push yourself, but know your limits. Rest is important.

I've been there too. My problem was mainly being burned out. Just can't get things done because my brain is literally tired out. What I did was to rest. Rest is the best advice when the motivation is running low. I hope the rest that you've had planned worked out well for you.

I am also constantly having to remember that rest is important. I do most of my work from home, but I still push myself and stress out harder than is good for me.

Also--are you exercising? Because that's extremely important as well. I've recently been making time for exercise again between 2-4 days a week and I'm starting to notice a difference.

I think that you should reward yourself. This is what I do and it always helps, it motivates me:) Reward yourself for every little success - you deserve it. It can be anything: buying a new lipstick, watching your favorite TV show for a while... - anything, it just has to be pleasant:)

Perhaps, you may need to change your sleeping routine or your eating habits. There are a lot of reasons why a person would become so drained throughout the day. If you have exhausted all of your options of trying to stay energized throughout the day, then maybe you would need to seek professional help. These doctors may assist you with getting your life on track. In the mean time, try your hardest and force yourself to get through the day.

I was there too and is really hard to get out from this routine and sometimes you don't even have the energy to think. To me was very helpful to stay at the end of the week in the park or in the countryside, listening motivation or relaxing music, a massage or spa session, spending a day with my friends outdoor walking, jogging, in the gym or some other activities that made me move.

Werbung:
Whenever I don't feel like doing something that I know very well I have to do, I just try to remind me that if I don't get that bunch of things done I'll feel very guilty. It didn't work before but now it does! I try to get everything I need to get done as soon as I can, if for some reason I just can't then I leave it for the end of the day, but never go to bed without having done the things I had to get done that day.

Back