• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

"No boyfriend until I graduate," says my 18-year-old daughter. Wow! What to say?!

Mommyjoyce

Yup...my one and only daughter, who happens to be the youngest in the brood, having 3 elder brothers, decided one day in January that she will be on NO BF POLICY until she graduates froom college. We were all stunned! We knew that there are two guys close to her heart: her first love and her special friend. Looks like she just couldn't choose between the two because both have potential (cool sweet responsible guys).

We had been waiting for her to choose from the two... but we were caught by surprise when she said that statement to us. We are quite a close-knit family; as in we can tell each other anything.

So...as mom, what did I say?

I said, "oh wow.... that's great!"

And up to now, July 2012, she has kept to that word and concentrating on her studies.
Who's complaining? Not me! Just sharing! ^__^

Werbung:
That's great! She seems as if she is a very focused, self-disciplined young lady. I am sure there must be a lot of moms and dads out there who are wishing their daughters had the same attitude. :)

Wow, really? I guess her studies are that important to her, so good for her. If she already had two very special people in her life that she was possibly interested in being with, though, I hate to see her leave them both behind entirely. Do you know how those two guys are handling it?

Wow, really? I guess her studies are that important to her, so good for her. If she already had two very special people in her life that she was possibly interested in being with, though, I hate to see her leave them both behind entirely. Do you know how those two guys are handling it?

Yes... they are classmates (in another university though) and both have decided to focus on their studies, too, which made their moms happy. I am friends with both mom, being former PTA president. So we kind of chat about the three teens, knowing that all three of them are conscientious students. Both moms want my daughter to be their future daughter-in-law...lol. Because, yes, my baby is very disciplined and organized in everything; from things to schedules. Everybody happy!

Wow that is great news. It sounds like you have raised a good sensible young lady. She is a credit to you and your husband. When they have boyfriends, usually their concentration on their school work will suffer. Happy your daughter is sensible and concentrating on her school work. Plenty of time for boyfriends. :)

It's great that she can focus on her studies and ignore having a boyfriend. There's no need to pressure her to "choose" between the two.
And obviously, her studies are more important to her right now.

You have raised a very strong, focused and balanced young woman - well done. (-: She sounds like she really knows what she is doing and when she is ready, she will know what to do. She already sounds like a success story and will definitely be a role model for many other young girls that are sometimes rushed into things...just an awesome story, thank you so much for the share!:)

If you have daughters, may I share this with you? The words in the two songs are really very applicable to what we wish and pray for them....

So happy she makes me....

Oh wow, you must be very happy:D . And indeed amazing to have brought up a wonderful and responsible daughter.

My niece who's 12 at the moment told her mom that she has no plans of getting married. That was 4 years ago... Now, she's 12 and she's still sticking to it. At her current state, I believe she'll be keeping her promise until she gets a job.

That's cute. :) Although I'm sure her tune would change if she met the right guy. Still, her decision indicates that she has a lot of self-worth and doesn't want a boyfriend or sex just for the sake of having it. That's quite rare. Your daughter sounds like a smart girl. :)

Werbung:
That is awesome! To look forward to your own dreams and goals is so admirable! And to not let your focus on those goals be tampered with when it comes to navigating the seas of love and what might be love and what may not be love. Your daughter knowing who she is will have a profound effect on her in the long run and to be so young and straightforward about her wishes is a gem in her crown and yours! (y)

Back