• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

New Year, new me, I want to share some juicy tid-bits and ask your advice.

sammy43

This year has already been a year of significant change. As I move forward I intend on creating even more change in my life, and this includes finally conquering the weight loss and exercise demon (which I swear I will do every January). I have already begun to make significant changes in my diet, as well as my exercise routine, and I am excited for the weather to break in order to make outside activities even easier (these snow storms have been murder on outdoor activities).

This forum has been so helpful to me, I can't even begin to tell you how much so, but please know that some of your stories have inspired me, in all honesty, I have been able to read some of your stories and relate to them in a way that I cannot do with friends or family. The truth is, perhaps I just don't have enough faith in them and their power to understand me and my physical and emotional ups and downs. I would come on here and read before I became a member and I decided "to hell with it" and registered. ;-) In any case, you have inspired me and I hope to be the same kind of crutch for you, should you ever need one.

We're all different and our body types and chemistry are different, so what works for some might now work for others. I began frequenting GP because I was going through some relationship trouble. Needless to say that he was missing a sensitivity chip (as Jennifer Anistan would say) and by the time it was over, I was left feeling ugly, worthless and overweight. I took a week off from work because I couldn't stop crying. I cried all throughout the day and my boss finally tapped me on the shoulder and told me to take the week off. She actually suggested that I "talk to someone", how embarrassing right? I was mortified, but I could barely get out of bed anyway so, I took her advice.

I didn't go and see a therapist, instead I got on the internet and found GP. ;-)

You ladies gave me the pep in my step that I needed and by day 3, when the ex came knocking, I somehow had mustered the strength to crack the door open and tell him a thing or two. He went from apologetic to defense, in zero to sixty seconds and I knew at the moment that I was better off without him. That Friday, my last workday on the couch, I was watching my favorite show, Dr. Oz, (I usually record it HAHA) and he was covering yet another a weight loss aide Garcinia Cambogia Extract. Later while dinner was cooking, I started the computer. I first Wikipedia'd it, I know I can't be the only one that searches Wiki.
DG-XluAT_wkAvWF70N_zTaPKx5xQEfNKxRVnw5BoF5TQZvHXwfE-uElX6PX9tnWVSeoNJOzbkQklluhzwgJh-8ec-Fk_x2PzMUohoLinE4E=s0-d-e1-ft

The Dr. Oz show made it sound like it is worth trying, I haven't ordered it yet, there are a few places to get it online but first I just want to know if anyone here has tried it. I want to get healthy and fit and I want to do it for me and not because someone made me feel that I should. I know that I've needed to make lifestyle changes and I started with cutting the chain-smoking, beer hoarder out of my life. Any how, I found other websites that discussed the same types of information as I found on Wikipedia, and I found others that recommended various products, or even sold them, here's a news article
prnewswire.com/news-releases/garcinia-cambogia-extract---crucial-data-released-231403591.html
Has anyone tried any of Dr. Oz's recommendations? Have you had success? Since most of the questions I had answers about seemed to already be covered by all of my GP sisters, I hope someone knows about this and can give me more info.

In the meantime, Saturday, I went and got a cut and dye at the salon and a mani-pedi. Today, I walked into work a new woman and I thank you all for inspiring me and giving me the encouragement that I needed to make a change in my life. I feel better already, but I want to continue progressing. I want to be the healthiest that I can be, both physically and emotionally and I can't wait to see how I do in the next few months.

Please feel free to give me any advice or input that you'd like. See you soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Werbung:
Good for you girl! My grandmother always told me that you need to let the world know that you are worth it. She said that if you lower the bar men won't value you as they should. Don't settle for the scraps of affection he throws your way...you deserve more than that.

It's good to hear you are upbeat and looking forward to new experiences! Oh you might want to try a bit of Yoga. There is a great app for beginners called daily yoga. You can download it from your app store for free. It keeps me centered and calm. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!

Werbung:
Great to hear that you're transforming your life and feeling like a new, more confident version of yourself. :) Over the past few years, I've also gone through a bit of a transformation, both confidence and health wise and so know what an achievement it is to make such big changes in your life.

I haven't tried any of the products you mentioned but do recommend Pilates, if you're looking for a semi relaxing exercise that tones and lengthens your body. I do a 20 minute Pilates workout at home, 3 times a week as well as going for a run 4-6 days a week, depending on my schedule.

Back