• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

New Career Advice?

sillylucy

I currently work as a freelance writer, but two of my main sources of income are starting to dry up. I know the time to start looking for "a real job" is coming up and I am super scared y'all! I haven't had to switch industries in such a long time. I have been self employed since 2008 and these 4 years have been a fun ride. I know I have to put on my big girl pants and do it, but some days I just don't know how to kick myself in the pants and get started. How do you ladies get/stay motivated when you feel beat down? I am so stressed out most of the time. =(

Werbung:
I just try to think hard about my goals and the positive side affects I will get if I reach my goals. This is the only way I can keep myself motivated when I don't want to do something, just focus really hard on the end result.

Do you have any idea what kind of job you are going to get?

I am a freelance writer too and I have been self employed for almost 5 years.
I could say that I can fully understand your thoughts or feelings about online sources that seems not giving enough income anymore. It can be a scary thought since it is your bread and butter and you have not been on a "real" work for a long time.
Whenever I feel down about that, I just give myself time to relax and think about what I really want. If I would give up working online and have actual work or if I do love working online. So far I think and feel that I still love working online and so I do not stop looking for ways on how to still earning enough. I continue to search and learn more to look for good alternatives and not just to stick on two or three sites that might not remained strong. If ever you choose to really have an actual job, it is also important to know what exactly could it be.

If you are stressed out most of the time it may be a good idea to identify what exactly the stressors are...and then remove them one by one. It works but you have to be super honest with yourself. Often, it is more money needed...so focus on how to make that happen, cut costs etc - I know I am telling you things you already know, but please bear with me.

Then you can make a goals list...a 5 year one is really helpful, or even a one year one - stretch yourself here.

Lastly choose what you want - do you really want an outside job or can you increase your online earnings by increasing the avenues by which you earn?
I stay motivated by remaining grateful for the small things even sometimes when I am frustrated and making a list about why I am doing what I am doing. I need purpose to function, find what fuels you and give it to yourself. All the best.

Werbung:
I have been self employed for quite some time as well. I've been thinking of getting back into the system of regular working employees. I have to be honest, I miss having the interaction with people and having a community with similar goals. The online world is most of the time, me, my computer, my room and my internet. And with my working aptitude, I really don't earn that much unless I drive myself.

I keep myself motivated by rewarding myself with the little things. I could buy a piece of cake or eat a flan and that'd keep me happy for the rest of the day. It's a matter of setting a daily goal and once I've reached that goal, I'd reward myself. You also need to have a specific direction as to what you want to gain within the next couple of years (just like what Lee11 says), this keeps you from feeling burned out.

Back