• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Neutering Mess Up

Potholer

Ahh I'm so proud of myself!

Earlier this year I got Lucius my rabbit neutered but it was total shenanigans - he got a blood clot in surgery which was fixed but they kept him in for an extra hour. On the ride home he started bleeding think gloopy blood, no one was answering the phone at the vets when I got home and I decided to not leave a message because I had NO idea whether it was normal and assumed that, as trained vets, they would not have let him go if anything horrible might happen? Lucius was lethargic, he didn't have the energy to get in and out of his litter tray so just sat in it - this when normally he's running around being a terror. I didn't have a car at the point but finally at about 9.30pm ish I rang after hours (there was a ball of....stuff hanging under his belly), got a landline number to another suburb, then a cell number. The woman on that said "hmmm take him in tomorrow morning" so we rang a different service and the guy says "That sounds bad, bring him in, I'll see you in 15min". The guy was up monitoring til 1.45am. The bill was 250$. We talked to the vet and he said Lucius was stable following surgery so not his fault. Turns out Lucius had got a hematoma which had pushed his guts out through the wound...

We complained. Didn't hear anything. Sent a followup letter a few days ago. Last night the owner called saying that's horrible, how bout I come in tomorrow to talk it over.

So, all on my lonesome, I asked to be paid the full 250, he offered half (not good enough for something that was unavoidable!), he offered 200 - so I'm still paying 50$ for a bungle on their part. So now I'm going to the vet council of nz with my complaint and then maybe the disputes tribunal.

The owner is standing on the fact that I should have left a message. I'll acknowledge that but how was I supposed to know not to trust them?

Go me!! I put my foot down and insisted on the whole lot, I'm so proud I didn't let them just give me whatever. I'm a complete pushover and assume everyone else is right but in this case, it should not have happened. It was so horrible because he was just sitting there all lethargic and when he moved, he trailed spots of blood....just about cried today saying how horrible it was and it's been at least 5months!

So I'm aiming for the full 250 hopefully...

Werbung:
Dude. a few weeks ago I got a call from the vet service saying "I was looking through records and noticed this was unresolved, how about I reimburse you the full 250".

Woohoo!!! So got the full amount back! Oh man, so awesome. I never got around to following it up but then I got the call. So awesome.

Werbung:
Back