• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

My Weight Problems...

Subby

Hi all,

I have said in slightest detail I have had problems maintaining a healthy weight. Well, I thought I was over it... and Ih ad finnaly put on enough weight to feel comfortable... but i appears I still have the same problems...

If you ask Thistle, she will tell you I eat a lot lol... compared to her.... Yet she seems to not lose any, I tend to lose a lot....

Ok... in the last 2 weeks (last time i weighed myself) I have lost aroun 8kg... which is something like 14lbs.... I basically have gone from weighing around 161lbs, down to 147lbs... Now... what worries me is i dont tend to stop shedding weight.... Little over a year ago my weight was down to 58kg, wich is the equivilent of 127lbs.

Everything I eat now doesnt even feel like its hitting my stomach...i just have a huge hole in my stomach which feels like its never filled... no matter what i eat or drink...even to the point of overeating...

I dont want to go down to that weight again.... What can I do, if anything, to make sure I dont.... And first person to say "eat more then one meal a day" gets slapped lol...

Subby

Werbung:
Meals a day?

...Um... one
<

but its a BIG one...

I can't, Im ill if i eat things for breakfast.... Plus im not hungry....

I cant even generally move after eating for about an hour, or else I get sore as hell..and the food doesnt stay in my stomach when that happens....

So i cant eat while im at work... because otherwise ill be ill.... Doesnt give me much scope to eat during the day, till its night and i can relax... PLus...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
According to a Japanese doctor who wrote a book on the subject, it is healthy to only eat one meal a day, because it gives the body a chance to clean it self. If you eat 2 meals, it's worse for some reason.

Only one meal is ideal because all of the waste is cleaned this way - while eating more meals leaves some in the body and is harmful.

He suggests eating only dinner - but I can't wait that long, so I eat a late lunch and I am fine the rest of the day.[/b]

Subby I would see a doctor about this. You gotta eat more. If eating causes pain and being ill... something is not right somewhere.

I disagree about the one meal a day thing - your body just goes into survival mode because it doesn't know when the next meal is going to happen, therefore it messes up metabolism something terrible.

All the dieticians I have seen have told me its MUCH better to eat 5 SMALL meals (even if its just a slice of toast in the morning, a bit of fruit for elevenses and a light lunch at noon, then tea and a biscuit or two mid afternoon followed by a proper balanced meal in the evening) than to purge your body all day and only feed it one huge meal per 24 hours.

Fasting is only good in very small doses and only if you are in pretty good health beforehand. Yoyoing isn't "good health" in this instance (I don't mean you're ill or anything).

Have you been to see your doc's dietician at all? Like Lottie says, could be thyroid related too
<

lol there are whole tribes in africa whose beliefs mean they can only eat after sundown... they live a healthy enough life....

I saw a lot of doctors in Australia about my health.... for various reason's, one of which was my loss of weight and stomach trouble. I have been on various types of medication, some for IBS (which I was firt diagnosed with... then some for a stomach ulcer..... Neither medication helped me eat much, but it did get rid of the pain.....

I havent been eating breakfast or lunch basically since I was 15.... So I have had about 13 years practise....

Every doctor ive seen so far has done little to help me get over this issue.....

Originally posted by Subby@Apr 17 2006, 01:41 PM
lol there are whole tribes in africa whose beliefs mean they can only eat after sundown... they live a healthy enough life....
1- You don't live in Africa!

2- I dare you to look up the average African lifespan.

Subby, if you only eat one meal a day it's pretty obvious why you wouldn't be able to maintain a healthy body weight. Your body needs food throughout the day to keep going, not just one lump of a meal.

Try just eating some fruit (berries are best) in the morning. Not even much, just a handful and maybe some orange juice. It's light, but it's full of fibre and vitamins and even a little bit will help.

It sounds like whatever you are eating for your one meal isn't cutting it either. Really, you don't have much of a choice. You're going to have to start eating regularly.

So the way I see it, you have 2 options:

You either start eating 3 - 5 smaller meals a day and working out to build muscle and tone your body (you don't want to get fat, that's no better) and gain some weight;

OR

You shut up.

<

1. I don't need to work out, I hardly have an ounce of fat on me...
<

2. When food makes you ill, its not like im not wanting to eat, I have no choice
<

When you see a doctor, and he cant prescribe you anything to help you since "you are at the bottom scale of what is a healthy weight"... I just find it frustrating....

I might start on that berries idea, though it will have to wait till next payday...damn brokeness!!! lol

I have muscles.... they are just.... of a marathon runner....
<

I dont think I look that skinny.... Most people think im reasonably sized, given my wide shoulders and my love for wearing baggy clothing
<

Werbung:
Back