• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

My Time....

Subby

Ok, I don't tend to whine about work very often, but I am in need of getting some steam off my chest. Many of you know I now work in a supermarket, of which my job is to stand behind a counter and sell people cigarettes and lottery (as well as dvds and cds but I cant be bothered to write you a cataloguelol )..... There are 2 tills, 1 lottery till... and the customer helpdesk which handles price problems/refunds and such. On saturdays (like today) there are usually at least 3 people on. One who can man the customer service part, the other two permanently on the lottery and such. Saturday is our busiest day, even when we have full staff behind there we have queue's beyond our little area, back to the checkouts and beyond....

Anyhow, I turned up and the lottery machine was broken.... This meant instead of putting in your slip of paper with your numbers and such, we had to do every number and every other detail manually... this made the queues huge. Then quickly 2 members of staff disappeared.... leaving me and another member of staff... who is nice, but is about as quick as a turtle in a wheelchair.... We battled as much as we could, until the man (3 hours later) turned up to fix the lottery... the queue when he got there had at least 25 people waiting...... But he was being paid by the hour, and we decided to stop, and let him look at it. At this time my collegue went for his break.... leaving me... to look after the queue of 25 people waiting in the 25 or 26 degree heat (hot by scottish standards) He took 15 minutes to tell me he couldnt get it working... while i was trying to battle through the queue of people looking for cigarettes.....

I turned and told all the hot and bothered scottish people that the lottery machine was out of order, and unforunately would not be able to be used today. This I did by myself, as even though my superviser could see I hade about 40 people I was trying to serve/tell info to, she obviously thought that her backup as supervisor wasn't warrented, and that I who was working my ass off should cop all the blame. Which I did... I mean lets face it, the scottish aren't known for being able to control their tempers lol

ANYHOW.... Then I was expected to answer the phones, as the person who does went for a break... and I was suppose to be doing the customer service part, which I have no idead about.... All by myself as my supervisor was nice enough that even though they were aware I was by myself, they allowed me to struggle through people alone and run back and forth.... for a whole 25 min, before they grabbed someone from checkouts to come and do the cigarettes......

After all the abuse, all the pressure of all those people to get through, this person only got there when I had almost got through the queue.... And I was about to snap from lack of help.

....But Subby doesn't snap....

Subby does something else. he gets very very angry, and then shows everyone he works with just how much work THEY should be getting done. I (with everyone else) complaining of the heat and how tired they are) went on a work rampage and got heaps done..... So much in fact I did some others jobs as well, and ones I normally wouldnt be doing. After all this they let me leave 15min early, cos everything was done.

...Thistle, next time you want housework done... Dont try to get me angry, it won't work for you
<

Werbung:
There's nothing worse than when the shop is at it's busiest and you get lumbered with the slow, lazy "workers". I've worked in two shops and I know all very well about this!!

*hugs ubby*

Oh, and thisty? You don't need to get him angry... just tell him to "DO THE HOUSEWORK", he's scared of you when you mean business
<
<

Werbung:
Back