• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Moving and terrified....

Astaria1

I have made the big girl choice to up root my children, move away from my home and family and follow my heart. Unfortunately now my heart leads me farther away from my security. It is hard not to jump ship and run, but I know I have set this in motion and I am not a quitter. It is very scary for me though. The last time that I tried this it ended in disaster. But I pull deep from with in myself and pray for the guidance that I need to get all of us through what will undoubtedly be a very hard transition.

Werbung:
Wow. That is a very scary move, but the heart wants what the heart wants. I wish you and your children the best. You have to do what will make you happy. Your kids do not want to have an unhappy and depressed mom who will always wonder "what if." Congrats and taking the first step towards your happiness.

That is a scary thing. Especially, if it has ended in failure before. I have to applaud you for being strong about this. It is so easy to turn around and go back. But in the long run, it's not very good since there'll always be that voice in the back of your mind that is wondering if you did the right thing and such. All I can say is for you to hang in there. Things will eventually start looking up.

You're very brave and I applaud you. Moving can be SCARY. I recently moved out of my childhood home. It was the only house I ever lived in and I thought that I was going to have such terrible attachment issues and cry every day. It turned out great, however I still live in the same town. I bet if I moved further away, it'd be at the very least, a culture shock.

Your willingness to try this again tells me that you're strong and that you can do this. Praying helps for sure! Ultimately, God won't give you anything you can't handle. And your kids will be great support system. Be strong for them and they'll be strong for you :)

I agree that you are very brave and just because it didn't work out in the past, doesn't mean it won't work out this time. Fortune favors the bold. We make out greatest strides when we step out of our comfort zone. It may sound cliche, but it is so true. You go girl!

Well done! You sound like a very brave soul indeed. You will be rewarded, that is for sure. Just continue trusting and enjoy the journey itself. I remember reading somewhere that you need to fail your way to success.

Have you read the book "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho? It is a book that tells a parable for an adult of a boy that follows his heart to find his treasure. Your story made me think of it. He failed many times, but that was the only route to his treasure.

You'll find yours and your children will have a mother that they can look up to and respect. Be safe.

You will be fine! Think of the new adventure you are about to take! And hey, if things don't work out, you can always come back home! Nothing is written in stone.

It could be hard at first specially if you had been living all your life with your family or someone. And if you had failed at first, you can always try again to be independent since sooner or later you will really need to be independent. Good luck and keep trying. ;)

Moms are super heroes to her children even she is not perfect or has been unlucky in choice of lifetime partner. Continue to hang on and to be brave. I am solo to four kids, and two of them are special children, though high functioning. I held on to my reins to keep our chariot moving, for move on I must.

Now my 4 kids are young adults ages 18 to 25. And I am a lot relaxed now. My sacrifices have born fruits of love. The day will come when all of your hardships will just be memories. Keep living and loving and hoping that everyday will pass and tomorrow will be better. ^__^

Well we made it to our destination, sadly enough it is a nightmare. Not the us but the situation we landed into. But on the upside my son is excelling in school and doing better than ever. As a whole all of my kids are doing great. I still miss home as much as ever but you can't spend 2/3 of your life in the same town and not miss. However, all my family is mad and have let me know on any uncertain terms if this doesn't work we don't have a place to go. That was a very scary notion. Like all relationships we have our us and down. But we are fighting through it and sticking together. It is definitely going to be a long haul to happiness, but hopefully we will make it.

Best of luck. Depending on where you're moving, try and find a supportive group of people for both you and your children. It will definitely ease the transition of moving. Getting involved in activities and making local friends will make you as a whole a lot happier.

It's really unfortunate that you're family isn't being supportive. However, hopefully that will fuel you to make a successful transition in this new place. It is exciting to have the chance to travel and reinvent yourselves as a family. Moving can also be a hugely positive experience, teaching you all to relate to a new group of people. All the best! xoxo

Good luck in your new home! Just curious (if you want to share) what made you need to move to this specific, far-away destination? Are you starting a new job or something?

I moved from California to the east coast a few years ago. By "moved" I mean I got in my car with less than $1000 and no plan and just drove off. I landed in North Carolina with about $300 bucks left. I slept in someone's barn for a while. Then I found a room. Then a job. Then... a life. :) I've lived here for years now, and I'm sure after a while I'll get bored and want to head elsewhere.

The point of my story: Everything always works out. :)

I moved from Pennsylvania to California! I stayed with my boyfriend and his family. Besides my boyfriend, I was alone. It was definitely scary and stressful at times but it's a life lesson. You'll learn new things, meet new people, see new places, and get to know yourself better. However, moving is extremely difficult if you are not completely financially stable. We weren't and had a hard time paying bills and just going out to have fun sometimes.

Moving away from everything is very scary. I have done something of this sorts before and it is a terrifying experience. Just keep in mind that there are others who love you and want you to be happy. You can do it and you deserve it! Good luck with everything! You have us all here to keep you thinking positively!

Werbung:
Good for you, I think it's a great decision and I hope you'll be really happy being independent. I'm sure moving away is terrifying but it's natural to be scared of new things. Fortunately with time these new places and people will become familiar and you won't be afraid anymore:)

Back