1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Movie reviews

Discussion in 'Television & Books' started by Snowbaby, Sep 30, 2004.

1. aanoname89

aanoname89 New Member

Hiya,

Got two movies I've seen recently:

Source Code (OK so I actually watched it last year, but then again yesterday) - I think this film is pretty good, open ended, thought provoking etc. I definitely recommend watching it!

The other one is Contagion - All about the human race being in danger of dying out due to an infectious disease caught and spread by just one person! I totally love that film, even though the end is a bit blah in my opinion, the rest of the film is worth it - I think :)

xx

2. magickat

magickat Member

I just watched The Woman in Black starring Daniel Radcliffe. It is a ghost story set in the early 20th century revolving around a young lawyer called Arthur Kipps who has a young son. His wife died in childbirth. He travels to a remote village to investigate a will and receives a very frosty reception from most of the locals. He goes to Eel marsh House which is only accessible via a narrow spit of land which is cut off by the tide twice a day. Arthur starts seeing people at the supposed deserted house and begins to uncover its sinister and tragic history. Many spooky goings-on ensue and it made me jump a few times! It's a great classic ghost story. There is no gore, it all works on suspense. I enjoyed it but thought the TV version I saw when i was a kid was much scarier.

3. Hysssss-teria

Hysssss-teria New Member

John Grisham’s first novel -- “A Time to Kill.” Read it. THEN watch the movie.

This is the most powerful book I have ever read. A movie for TV was made about it, and I just happened to catch it one night last week. This is the only movie produced from a novel that I have ever found to be absolutely true to the book.

Set in Mississippi during the time the KKK pretty much ruled the land, a Black husband and father murders the two young redneck pigs that raped and nearly killed his 10-year-old daughter.

Here’s the incredibly moving closing argument delivered by rookie attorney Matthew McConaughey as he defends Carl Lee Haley.