• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Mothers!!

classy_ally

I love my mother. I love spending time with her and I'm grateful she is still here with me. She's only 58. But this weekend, she really pissed me off. I got a lecture on not wearing makeup. Sometimes I wear it and sometimes I don't. My mother is so prissy, she even wore lipstick during a surgery! So she is a diva most of the time.

Does anyone else have a diva for a mom?

Werbung:
That's kind of the opposite of my mother, over the years she has let herself go. I hardly ever see her wear make up anymore. Not to worry though, there's plenty of other stuff she can lecture me over lol.

LOL!!! Oh yeah. I definitely agree with you on that. I can't tell my mother too many details about anything. She is forever the detective!

My mother is very diva-like. She constantly mocks me for not wearing high heels and makeup, but high-heels is the number one annoyance. I mean she wears high-heels everywhere because she thinks it's not proper for a woman to go without as it's some secret dress code. I mean, she wore them to Disney World. >.>;

Ayane I completely understand that. My mother is the same way. High heels are a must. Sometimes mothers can be overbearing. Seriously!

My mom is still wearing make up whenever she leaves the house- even for a doctor's appointment. But high heels, that's another story. She used to work in a man's world as a contractor. It would've been awkward looking to see her in high heels while bargaining for scrap metals (since this used to be a very booming industry back then.

I'm sorry to hear that classy_ally. I am lucky to have a mother who doesn't really care about my appearance. On the other hand, I don't get much input on how a woman should look like so my entire high school and college life was all about baggy jeans and loose guy t-shirts. Whenever my sisters and I meet, they would always tell me that I dress more like a brother than a sister.

I grew up with my grandmother and she is always simple.
My mother is also just simple and do not wear make up or high heels.
And I am just the same like them. I will only wear makeup (lipstick and powder) on some occasions like when I was a bride's made and during my college graduation. ;)

My mom never lectures me on what I should wear. She just pretty much left me to my own devices. And since she's conservative in her dressing, I too am a very conservative dresser. I don't wear heels or wear makeup. The most I use on my face is just baby powder. I don't even bother to put on lipstick anymore.

My mom has always taken care of herself since the day I can remember. When she used to take us kids to school she always made sure she looked presentable, and just before my dad came home from work she always made sure she looked nice for him. Even when my dad passed away she never let herself go while she was grieving. She is now 74 and still does her hair and make up. My mom can drive me crazy sometimes (like today!) but I can honestly say I am proud to have her as my mom.

My mother is very Diva-esque; insisting on still wearing the highest heels, she hates recycling outfits, will NEVER leave the house
unless she's in a completely cohesive outfit, from clothes, to shoes, to acessories. She's got it bad because she will buy shoes and then
build an outfit around it. She once had an orange and tan pair of Jessica Simpson sandals that she kept in the box for close to a year
until she found the perfect outfit to accompany them. And that includes a tan and orange purse. But she doesn't nag me so much
on how I dress or present myself as she does my still being unmarried. Apparently she wants to accompany me down the aisle while
she 'still has her own teeth'.

Oh, I would say my mother is a definite Diva! She is 54 and sometimes I swear I am embarrassed to be seen with her. She is very much into high heels, make-up, fake nails and "revealing" clothes. Most of the time, I am fine with it because she is my mother and I love her. And yet there are some days when I want to say something. The other day she was wearing 4-inch heels, shorts that barely covered her butt, and a halter top. I am way more conservative in my clothes choices, barely wear make-up and look at a nail salon like it is a torture boutique. I wear my hair in a ponytail 99% of the time and she wears wigs because she colored her hair so many times she killed it. I love my mom, I really do, but I would wonder if I was adopted if I didn't have her nose. :D

My mother is an opposite of a diva. She has always thought she is quite ugly and she doesn't really care about her looks, she was a tomboy when she was younger. She always laugh at very feminine women...which means she laughs at me. I remember when I was a teenager I insisted on wearing really high heels. My mother was whispering to my ear: 'look, these people are observing you because you look so silly, look, they laugh at you':cry:

My mom isn't a diva at all. She doesn't wear much makeup and definitely never wears heels. She prefers to stay home and work in the garden.

Oh I definitely don't.

My mom does wear makeup, but she would never criticize me for not doing so and she definitely wouldn't do so for a surgery, etc. She doesn't even always wear it out or only does bare minimum.

Werbung:
Well, I don't really know if my mom is a diva or not.
But even though she's old (not trying to be mean), she hangs out with women that are mostly younger than her and that makes her want to look cool.
She always tries to dress as nice as she can and mocks me and tells me that my style is "so out of date" o_O.
But overall, I still love her :)!

Back