• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Menstruation

Dreek Lass

I love everything about being a woman, except for the fact that I have to bleed every month. I do know that periods are not supposed to be painful, and that they are not for a lot of women, but they are ridiculously painful for me. Some days it hurts just to stay in bed, or to stand up.

I have been to see my doctor about this, but they offer all of these solutions that are riddled with side effects that I am not willing to risk putting myself through. I often wish that I could just leave my body around that time of the month, and return when it is over, because it is just such a pain. I had my appendix out, and part of my bowels when I was ten, and because my appendix burst and had to be taken out, I can't take any pain medication stronger than Paracetamol, and that is mild with handling the pain.

I kind of don't know what to do. Do you think that a change of diet will effect this?

Werbung:
It is possible that a change of diet can help. Mine gets painful sometimes, but only as I have gotten older and probably a different pain. I don't often get cramps anymore since having my tubes tied, now I get more cramps in my legs. I don't recommend a tubal for the sake of pain tho because many women get worse cramps afterwards. Also I get repeated painful cysts now since the egg has to dissolve instead of coming down the tubes.

I am not sure what to change in the diet, but it is very possible that it can help. Various foods often have good effects on our bodies!

Dreek Lass, this sounds so awful, I hope you'll find a solution soon. Usually, periods are very painful for me too - but fortunately I suffer only during the first day, the rest isn't so awful. But during the first day I usually have to stay in bed and take painkillers and drink hot tea. Lemon balm tea helps a little - have you tried it?

A change of diet could possibly help your symptoms. I have bad cramping the first few days and it is really uncomfortable. I have had to cancel a few major events just to stay in bed for a few days. It is a bummer to have to do this, but I guess that is the part of being a girl. I noticed things got better for me now that I am in my 20's. Also, drinking a lot of water really helps me, as well as walking. Doing these 2 things may help alleviate some of your pain.

Werbung:
Thank you for all of the advice you guys :)

It sucks that women have to go through such trials, especially when we do not get the same recognition for maintaining the same types of jobs as men. We are always expected to prove that we can go above and beyond what a man can do in certain situations. It isn't enough to just be on par with a man, despite the fact that we go through this every month.

Apparently in other cultures, a lot of women do not suffer with this sort of discomfort when it is that time of the month for them. They are considered and told to rest up, and they are worshiped for having their periods, because it's a sign of life. Very few women over there suffer with any discomfort.

Almost every woman that I speak to about this, is in the same boat - they have pain or discomfort during their periods. I think it has a lot to do with the disregard of women in our culture and the lack of support that we get. Periods in our culture are an inconvenience, and I think that that notion has caused some emotional blockages in the female energy, hence the pain.

I am going to go and see about getting acupuncture to help with the pain.

Back