• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Meeting Your Partners Friends

Dreek Lass

I thought that I didn't really care what people thought, until the time came when it was time for me to meet my partners friends. I realized that it was important to me to look a certain way in front of my partners friend, to make it seem like I was good enough, or just a good person in general.

I wasn't nervous during in the dinner, but I was very aware of how I was coming across, and very careful not to eat like a monster, or spill anything on myself, lol.

How would react in a similar situation - or have you reacted in a similar situation?

Werbung:
I wasn't nervous before meeting my boyfriend's father - because I had no idea that I'm going to meet him! My boyfriend ran in a marathon and I didn't know that his father will be there too:p
I'm glad that meeting him wasn't very official because it would be scary for me.
And I meet my boyfriend's mother by surprise too - we went to his home and we didn't know that she'll be there.

Werbung:
I get nervous when I meet my partner's friends or family for the first time. Like you, I always feel nervous eating, always worried that I would make a mistake. At first I didn't like my husband's friends, but I know they are going to be there forever, and now they just have grown on me. I even will talk to them and call them up sometimes without my husband around as well. He only has 1 family member still living, so I guess his friends are like family to him. The more you are around them, the less nervous you will become.

Back