• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Make Up ...

thistle

Do you trowel it on? use every product known to mankind? or do you use it sparingly? and what are your favourite products?

Everyday - mostly no make up at all, a bit of mascara and lipgloss if I can be bothered

Nights out - Tinted moisturiser (never foundation), eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara and lipgloss

And my faves:

Bourjois lipgloss
L'Oreal mascara
Barry M Dazzle dust eyeshadows ! they have so many funky colours and I get bored with boring brown lol

Werbung:
As you know, I'm unable to use a lot of products... but I'm currently watching "Beauty Addicts: How Toxic Are You?" - it's a programme about how much man-made chemicals and toxins are in our beauty products - make up, perfume, deodorant, moisturiser, house cleaning products, etc etc etc

It's absolutely disgusting what is in the products. There's 2 girls on it who are extreme, they use loads and loads of products, e.g. they go through 2 cans of deodorant and 1 lipgloss per week... The researchers of the programme tested the hosts urine and blood and the same of the 2 girls... the toxins and chemicals in the hosts blood and urine - 0.

But they found over 600 chemicals in the girls blood... EACH. Some of the chemicals are known for birth and hormone defects
<
Scary stuff.

Edit: Oops I went off on one there!!! Basically, daily I use a little bit of powder foundation and that's it.
Going out: Mascara and lipgloss, but this is rare.

i don't wear make up, especially around my eyes, they can't take it, if i'm like, going to a wedding i MIGHT put on some light blue eye shadow. perfume makes me brake out usually, and eye make up makes my eyes go balistic, so i just stick to the way my face is. plus make up makes my face feel artificial. whatever though, i'm a freak at my school, everyone else is like, caking it on, and i'm just like,"ewww, why do you alter your faces like that!!"

You sound very like me, if I use new make-up, my skin turns into a huge blotchy mess
<
Anyway, natural is more beautiful than having make-up piled on so thick you can't tell who is underneath
<

I've never heard that.
<

I didn't wear makeup for a good couple of years. Started wearing it again just under a year ago when I decided I wanted a boyfriend.
<

Now I'm back to not being able to go out without it! I just put on the usual foundation/blush/eye shadow/mascara.
<

I'm not sure I believe the bat poo thing lol. It's the law (at least here it is) that ALL ingredients have to be listed on products........I just checked my mascara and I don't see bat poo or anything that is possibly a fancy name for bat poo on the list at all.

Edit: although admittedly even if it said Bat Poo in big bold fancy letters I don't think it would put me off using it lmao

lol they probably knew it had been in the past... or knew that it COULD be used in it... and got their info muddled.

But then again, it oculd be used elsewhere in the world... yes... im looking at you South Africa.

I don't wear too much make-up, i'm not comofrtable with foundation and so. I stick to my lip gloss and lip balm
<
i love my strawberry lip balm, can't live without it!

Werbung:
I don't use it much. Slowly, i'm realizing I don't actually like make up all that much. Still, I like lip gloss, liquid powder (my face needs it, otherwise, I don't like powder), and mascara.
my friends think I should use more, but I can't be bothered, particularly on daily basis.
When it comes to saturday night, I use it more - there's always an eyeshadow, sometimes an eye-liner, and always make-up on lips, not a lip gloss.

I also use preparative cosmetics, gel, tonic and cream for my face, but also not on daily basis. And sometimes peeling.

Wait a second. I use a lot of make up !
<

Back