• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Looking younger than my age. Hate/Love

I have been there too. Yes, consider it a blessing for you now and taking care of yourself will surely pay off in the long run. Good genes help too. I used to get carded sometimes at the grocery store. Last year, I got carded by the delivery person at my own house after she asked me if my parents were home (I am 5'3, and120lbs but not that short) Not only did she not believe my age, but she did not believe I was an adult! I really threw one at her when I told her I was 37. So I ran upstairs and grabbed my ID. She was dumbfounded! :D She should've understood, because she didn't look old enough to deliver either. I asked her and said she didn't look over 21. Of course she thanked me.

My mom was carded while in her 50's! She will be 60 this year and a total stranger saw her picture and guessed her to be 27! At first, I thought it was flattery, I saw the lady was sincere. She didn't know the lady was my mom!

Werbung:
When I was living with my mom again for a while, telemarketers would constantly be calling. Any time I got sucked into answering one because I didn't recognize the number, I would use that to my advantage. I would always lie and tell them I wasn't of age. Legally, they're required to get off the phone immediately instead of trying to talk to me about whatever the product is, even if I wasn't head of household.

I do exactly the same thing. And not only over the phone. Whenever there are some advantages of being underage, I pretend that I am - and people always believe me. For example, I always buy half-price tickets, lol. It's good to look like a child:D

I'm currently 23, but I look 16-18 so I've been told countless of times and right now it feels like a headache!

I went to see an R rated movie and got carded 4 times in the same movie theater. It wasn't frustrating the first time as getting asked for my ID isn't anything new so I expected it.The second time I thought in my head, 'Well you know people make mistakes so they are just doing their jobs.'The 3rd time - okay, I felt like they were really pushing it.

Finally when I got to the door I was stopped and carded for the fourth time, and I was extremely bothered at this point because they thought I had still managed to sneak in after going through 3 people who carded me. I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs but didn't. It just it was so hard when these people who were checking my IDs were people who appeared to be in their 20s. It felt awkward!

Don't get me wrong though...I know when I get older that looking younger than my age is a good thing but at this age, gah, so troubling. I do love it sometimes too. Especially when I get to watch people guess incorrectly so many times. Then the look on their faces afterwards is the best, because they usually go, "No way your older than me? HOW?!" I always find myself chuckling.

Ah, it's such a roller coaster ride. lol

I completely understand this predicament, and I can easily empathize with it. I am 22 now, and I look younger compared to everybody else within my age range, and compared to everybody else in my year at school. I was the tallest girl in grade 6 and then when I got into secondary school, everybody else quickly grew past me, and I was one of the shortest girls in school. I was still one of the most popular and strongest, but one of the shortest. My face does not look 22 either. I look ore like 12 than anything lol. I still can't get served for alcohol for cigarettes.

Definitely hate for now.. I remember being 16 and going to watch 127 Hours at the cinema with friends. My friends were both 14 and 15, but all had school bus passes (Photo ID but with no date of birth). I had none.

I was the eldest in the group, and most weren't even old enough to go in (15 rated movie). They ID'ed me and a couple others. Being one of the few actually old enough, you can imagine my frustration that I was the reason we didn't see that film. Instead, we all had to go watch MegaMind in 3D... (PG Rated) It wasn't terrible, but I'd've much preferred to watch the movie I went in to see, especially as I wasn't even breaking the law...

I can't wait for the time when I actually enjoy looking younger than my age, because up until now, it's just been hell.. :(

First of all, please don't get upset at the theater employees for doing their jobs. Yes, it can be annoying to get carded multiple times, but if it's a different person, how is he or she supposed to know somebody else already checked you? Even if it's the same person, you have to remember that these guys and gals see hundreds of people in a short period of time, and the likelihood of remembering a specific person is low. Yes, I know that you had to show ID to buy your tickets and all, but they just want to make sure younger people aren't getting older people to buy their tickets for them. (I know I've been approached a few times in theater lobbies by underage kids offering me a few bucks to buy their tickets). Management probably has established "checkpoints", and the staff members are just doing what they're supposed to be doing. Maybe they had parents complain about their kids getting into R-rated movies, so they're cracking down.

Haha late reply back, The thing was these people who ID'd me looked like teenagers themselves. There was a moment where before I got carded by the menu guy that [the two people who carded me before] were staring up at me at the door and pointing at me - It was strange and awkward. It felt like they were laughing at me. Any ways as the menu guy left he started talking to them, they stared back at me, giggled, I was really ticked by then. Hence the post haha. They did send a 4th person to ID me with all 3 of them this time before I finally raged on the person..

I think these people either were really confused or just bully teens over exerting their power. IDK. I still don't ever want to return to that movie theater. If the managements purpose is to make the customers feel good, I don't think they were doing it right lol.

Wow I also look young for my age, probably in my teens, but I have not been carded at an R rated movie since I was like 16! I still get carded for cigarettes and alcohol. I'm 25 so I'm hoping in my 30s I hope I look like I'm in my 20's hehe.

Werbung:
I love it when I am told that I am younger. It is a quality and I think you should enjoy it! Nobody wants to be old and probably unwanted.

Back