• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Looking younger than my age. Hate/Love

Ayane

I'm currently 23, but I look 16-18 so I've been told countless of times and right now it feels like a headache!

I went to see an R rated movie and got carded 4 times in the same movie theater. It wasn't frustrating the first time as getting asked for my ID isn't anything new so I expected it.The second time I thought in my head, 'Well you know people make mistakes so they are just doing their jobs.'The 3rd time - okay, I felt like they were really pushing it.

Finally when I got to the door I was stopped and carded for the fourth time, and I was extremely bothered at this point because they thought I had still managed to sneak in after going through 3 people who carded me. I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs but didn't. It just it was so hard when these people who were checking my IDs were people who appeared to be in their 20s. It felt awkward!

Don't get me wrong though...I know when I get older that looking younger than my age is a good thing but at this age, gah, so troubling. I do love it sometimes too. Especially when I get to watch people guess incorrectly so many times. Then the look on their faces afterwards is the best, because they usually go, "No way your older than me? HOW?!" I always find myself chuckling.

Ah, it's such a roller coaster ride. lol

Werbung:
When I was also in my early 20s, sometimes they mistaken me as underage too. And it was right that it could feel good and feel bad sometimes.
When I was going to open an account before, the bank employee even ask me if I am already 18. I answered "I am actually 24 and here is my Social Security System ID". She never uttered a word after that. Lol
Now I am on my late 20's and some who do not know me thought I was younger and it feels better now than before. You just have to bring a valid ID always for now. :p

I was also told I looked younger back in my 20's people thought I was still like 16. Now that I am in my 40's I love it, because people think I am in my 30's for some reason. So, don't sweat it. When you get older you will love and appreciate it.

I had this problem too, and everyone would think my id was fake. The thing I found even more troubling, though, was the guys who would hit on me, even though they thought I was twelve. Creepy!

Just enjoy it, you will be missing it when you are older and people think you are way older than what you are.

I'm also 23 and I know what you mean. People always say I look younger than I am! People think im usually 17 or 18. I even got carded for buying lottery tickets once! I guess it can be looked at as a good thing, but it is frusterating to constantly be given the stink eye when your at a bar or anything. People think your too young, and you're not! I feel you pain! :(

I have the same problem. I'm 18, and I'd say I look around 16. Most people think I am 15-17, and they are so surprised that I'm 18 and a college student. It's really annoying to me. I know it'll benefit me when I'm older, but right now it just gets on my nerves. One guy even told me I look like I'm about 13. I was so mad. To me it's annoying because I feel like if guys think I look 13 or whatever, then obviously I can't be very attractive in their eyes because I look like a kid.

I experience the same exact thing! I’m 24 and I’m always carded (people think I look about 17 generally), unless I’m with my husband for some reason. At first I thought it was really annoying and it really is a bother, but as I thought about it, why do I want to look older? When I’m older I know I’ll be wishing that I looked younger. But I do agree, it can be a total pain in the butt.

I've always had this problem! I'm 29 and I still get carded when I buy beer! Sometimes it bothers me, but usually it doesn't. I look at it this way, I'm aging really well & I won't have to worry about wrinkles & such when I am in my mid-30s like my mom. LOL

If someone will tell me that I look younger than my age, that will definitely a compliment! I want to always hear people telling me that I do not look my age. I am past thirty if you bother to ask, and a proud mommy at that. But I often get compliment like that-- that I do not look my age. According to them, I look 28 or so. My ears would clap everytime I would hear such comments.

When I was in my twenties I was still getting people refusing to sell me alcohol and letting me in clubs . It was a pain I have to say I was embarrassed in front of my friends . Now that I am in my forties it's brilliant . I told someone I had a fourteen year old son and she didnt believe that I looked old enough, funny thing is he's the baby I have a twenty year old daughter as well. Just bide your time it's worth it in the end ....

I feel your pain. I don't mind it so much and eventually got used to it. It was mostly annoying when people would tell me "oh, you'll appreciate that later in life." Well sure, maybe I would, but that didn't help me with any of the situations I was currently dealing with, gah.

I love looking young because as I get older I will always look a tad younger. On the other hand I hate it because if I forget my id and have to make a store run, I am out of luck. I even got stopped by the police one time telling me to go home or they will take me home because it was past my curfew. lol

I know exactly what you mean. I'm 23 but I look 12. My voice sounds like a 5 year old's. Our trash removal company called the other day and asked me if they could talk to my dad. When I buy cigarettes or lottery tickets I get carded. My husband's always cranky because I won't cash in lotto--it's because they scrutinize my ID like I'm giving them a fake or something!

I understand as I get even older it will become beneficial, but for right now it just plain sucks.

Werbung:
Don't worry about it too much. Once you reach the ages of 30-40, you'll wish someone thought you looked younger than your age. You should see this as a blessing and be proud that you look a lot younger than your age. I'm going to be 25 in 2 months, yet people tell me I look 16. Who cares if they scrutinize your ID, you can file a complaint against a company for doing so.

Back