• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Jobs, Eh? Who'd Have Them!!

Snowbaby

Ok so you all know I started my new job 5 weeks ago... I cannot believe it's been that long already!!

Today was our first payday. It was to go into our bank accounts this morning... we arrived at work to be handed a cheque - "sorry, we didn't process the wages in time for it to have gone into your accounts". We work 8 til 6.... our banks are open 9 til 5... so when are we to go pay in our money???

So, they agreed to let us do two runs with 4 staff in each run, to the bank to pay in our cheques. That's ok we thought. But a cheque takes 3 to 5 working days to clear!!!!! So our wages are to be at least 3 days late, with direct debits etc to come off, we'll end up getting charges for not having enough funds in our accounts
<

We arrive back at work to be told that due to it being quiet today, some of us were to be sent home WITHOUT pay!!!!
<

Our supervisor stuck up for us and said it was unfair to expect us to accept that without pay. Instead, we got roped into cleaning the upper level of the nursery.... where all the building work is going on at the moment. OH WHAT FUN!!!!!!!!

During my lunch break, I realised that my gut feeling that my wages were incorrect, was infact not just a feeling. I had 3 days off sick the week before the nursery opened... we don't get paid for sick days. But the numpty's have taken the sick days off my pay TWICE..... yes!!!!! TWICE!!!!!!!!!!!

There were no managers in today in order for them to sort it out. I think it's fair to say that everyone's wages were incorrect. Absolute JOKE!!!!!!!!!!

<

Werbung:
Stoopid work, I shll get them for you snowy
<

For future reference tho.......if you get a pay cheque then just take your payslip to the bank with you to prove it is a wages cheque and it will clear straight away. I only know that cos we have the same thing with new starts who don't hand in their details in time for the wage cut off date.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
We arrive back at work to be told that due to it being quiet today, some of us were to be sent home WITHOUT pay!!!![/b]

I don't think they are allowed to do that, it is their responsibility to make sure you have your contract hours and they cannot pay you less than that unless YOU do not show up for work, if they make the decision they still have to pay you.

Go slap them senseless kins

Banks stopped cashing wage cheques as from August 1st this year. I've done it before when I nannied, with a wages cheque.

We don't yet have contracts thisty
<
They will only give us a written contract when we've completed our "3 month probation period". I've also done this with every job I've done in the past, BUT we had to sign a contract that said it would be reviewed after 3 months. I've never worked without a written contract.

Basically, they can do what they like as we don't have it in writing.

Well, no one seems to be too interested in correcting my pay... I wont let it lie though!

Even worse though, today we were 3 staff members down, we'd just fed our babies their lunch, and put a few of them off for their afternoon sleeps, when....... the fire alarm started....

Upon realising it wasnt a drill and was a real alarm. We pannicked as we did not have enough staff to get the babies out. The manageress KNEW we were short but oh it'll be fine, no problem.... obviously NOT!!

I had to scoop 2 sleeping babies out of their cots, one on each hip, and get them out whilst pushing 3 more babies in a travel cot. Utterly god damned ridiculous.
<

Fortunately, it wasn't a fire, it was an electrical fault. They're bloody lucky... this time.

Sorry for language, but I'm sooooo mad, these babies lives are in our hands during our working hours, and they don't have the decency to ensure there's enough staff to cope with a situation like this. The "what if's" don't bare thinking about.
<

It is meant to be a ratio of adult per children... today we didn't meet that ratio, hence our panic. Shocking huh?

These babies are helpless... they come in, get put in our care, we should be ABLE to care for them properly and to full potential. I felt very sad today. Just seeing their wee faces and their cuteness and giggles and smiles.... their lives are in our care
<

Werbung:
That is so wrong...and I bet your fire training says you are not allowed back into the building once you have left it...hence you will be making sure you get everyone out in one go?

Its so wrong...your boss should be shot...what if you,the people you were working with or the kiddies had been hurt?

Hopes you ok sweetie (((((((((Snowy)))))))) xxxxx

Back