• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Jobs around the house you hate doing

Gabriellea

I like being independent, but when it comes to jobs like unblocking the sink or toilet I don't mind a man stepping in. I also hate taking out the rubbish, but I do. Those are the only things I would rather pass on to someone else, although I can do them. I'm not good at ironing either, so I don't unless I have to and sometimes my attempts are so bad, I have to take it to the dry cleaners! Both my brother and father are amazingly good at ironing which was very useful as a child.

Werbung:
Doing the dishes, that is something I don't like to do, because I believe that everyone should cooperate. So if I make the lunch it is fair someone else does the dishes! I am a long time locked in the kitchen cooking, so isn't fair that after everyone is done with the meal I got to stay there and do the dishes. Still some people at home complain because they have to do the dishes :p

Another thing I don't like doing is ironing and folding, it can be calming, but not when you are in a hurry. I'd still prefer not to do it most of the time. Vacuum cleaning is fine, as well as cooking.

There is something I really don't like doing, one of those things is cleaning after a small puppy: never again! So it's very likely we'll never take a new dog home. I'm happy with that idea. Same with cats.

Having once been a single mother, I learned to make a lot of minor repairs and things myself. My husband still looks a tad nervous when I walk by with tools though, lol. It will usually be enough to make him want to help or just do it. Of course, I could just ask too. Mostly, I don't mind doing it. If I really wanted help, I'd let him know.

The worst is dishes. I'm not fond of scrubbing the toilet either, but it's got to be done. At least it's not several times each day like dishes!

What's with dishes? It happens to be my worst chore too. I gladly do the cooking and ironing in lieu of dishes. I can be hands on at times, and I enjoy that. My husband likes seeing how far I can go, and I believe I do a pretty good work in fixing a few things in the house.

I actually don't mind doing the dishes as long as people have cleared them correctly. I once volunteered in a retreat and everyone was supposed to clear their own, but some didn't and that made cleaning much harder.

After that it put me off washing up, but for my own dishes I like to make sure they are done properly. I have lived with lots of flatmates and always used to check their washing up, that it was done correctly, and yes I would redo it if necessary.

I'm not a big fan of ironing either. I can do an okay job, but I don't enjoy doing it.

I'll stick with dishes being the worst, but yeah, even more so when people don't scrape their plates and stuff. Gross.

Werbung:
Back