• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Job Interview Clothing?

Werbung:
Then try smart casual. :) Slacks are good. Jeans are not that good but some people wear it anyway. Why don't you try a dress or something? Look clean and efficient, but not over-the-top. :)

For interviews I have always found it best to wear a pair of fancy slacks (corduroy or black pants) and a blouse. Make sure not to wear anything too revealing of course and a little heel.

Every time a hiring manager calls a prospective employee, it is usually business attire that they advice to wear. Well, denims are a no-no when it comes to interviews. If you like you could wear a pencil-cut skirt, paired with a sleeveless blouse topped with a coat. Then tie your hair neatly. That would look nice. :)

I am not the expert on dressing, but I have heard that wearing monochromatic colors (different shades of one color in an outfit) can make you look taller. So try wearing all blue, or all red, etc., because if you even look taller it might make you look more important.

Like I said I am no expert but that is just what I think.

The general rule is to wear what you would for the job, so it really depends. There are some employers who are really picky, but if it's just for a part-time job, it shouldn't really matter. It should be your personality which counts.

Thanks for your help.
I've settled for wide black trousers, with a black vest under a white striped cropped shirt - as it's boiling today!
I'm unsure whether to button up the shirt or to leave it open as my mum says I look like I'm trying to hard with it buttoned?
What do you think?

Well, if your mom tells you so then follow her. Mom knows best, right? Just be confident and you're ready to go. :)

How's the interview? Hope everything's well. :)

Well, i usually wear black slacks and blouses or long sleeved polo shirt. I always make sure i do wear semi formal attire and pair of black shoes. And of course it is also important to wear a good smile to start the interview right.

Werbung:
The interview was actually great, I was very comfortable - unfortunately the job just wasn't for me and I declined
I wore a white stripey shirt, over a black vest, with slouchy black trousers. I felt completely comfortable.

Back