• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Itchy hands and fingers

Orrymain

Any ideas for how to prevent itchy hands and fingers? All of a sudden mine are and it's driving me crazy. I don't have allergies either.

Werbung:
I'm using lotion now. It's not aloe vera, though. I actually had tried aloe vera before and was surprised it didn't help.

Have you used any new detergents, soaps, shampoos or lotions?
Do they look like hives?
Sometimes heavy lotions will make it worse as your skin needs to breathe.
May sound crazy, but coconut oil works well for skin issues.
Try to find some unrefined, natural or organic oil. Apply a thin layer. Hope this helps!

No, there were no changes. The only thing I can connect it with is cleaning. I've gotten into some very dusty corners of my home, but actually this last time it began when I work up one morning with a tiny rash near my wrist... just woke up with it.

Maybe try wearing long sleeves and gloves the next time you are dusting. This way you are limiting your contact. Skin rashes can be so frustrating to pin down, could be so many things.

Yeah, I need to start doing that, but first I have to buy some, and I never remember when I'm at the store.

Might be something causing irritation in whatever cleaning product you are using, especially if you got something new for this bout of spring cleaning. I don't generally have a problem with allergies myself but recently found a new shampoo that made me itch. You can develop these things out of the blue,

I have heard that allergies, of any type, can be developed at any time. Just have to play detective to find out what it is. Try keeping a daily journal of activities and products you use.

that's the only way oceangypsy... it might just be one ingredient that has changed in a product you've used for years that is irritating you...

Yeah, I've heard that too. There's something in the 'old' dust I think. I did a tad of cleaning last night and I noticed they got rel itchy again. Hey - I can't clean anymore! LOL

heh, you are going to need a haz-mat suit to dust your house. Actually, I think the gloves and long sleeves and maybe even a face mask may be the best idea to preventing an allergy.

It sounds like you are havin a problem with dry skin all of a sudden. I would try a good moisturizing lotion if I were you and see if that helps this problem.

Orrymain would you export some of that dust over to me? I could do with a break from cleaning....

'sorry hubby, can't do any dusting.. i'm allergic'

Werbung:
LOL Believe me, I have a bunch of that dust. I actually finally found something that is keeping it under control. It's still not perfect, but it's a lot better.

Back