• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

It is Rude to tell Someone they Have a Fat Face?

angelle

As you can see in my picture, I have chubby cheeks or some have said high cheek bone.

I have never in my life had some say "you have a fat face" and I thought it was rude when she said it because "fat" is known to be a derogatory term.

Here is What Happened:

My brother's girlfriend just had a baby and she said that my niece has my fat face. It took me by surprise that anyone would say anything to me face in a negative way...to my face. I feel that she is always saying something negative about my appearance as well as other women that I find to be very attractive.

I could just as easily point out her flaws and tell that she is the most unattractive woman I have ever seen- I literally thought that when I seen her - but I would never tell someone that.

I have never confronted her on her childish behavior simply because I'm a grown woman and I conduct myself in such a way. I think her behavior is sophomoric and I can't blame it on her age, 21, because I have much younger women than her who acts like an adult and don't have teenage tendencies. I'm knocking on 30 and I don't have time for kid drama.

Was it rude of her or am I over reacting?

Werbung:
That was absolutely rude of her! She should have kept her comments to herself. You said that she always tries to say negative things about you and people you find attractive, so perhaps she may be jealous? No matter what though that is definitely a very childish way of her to act...

(Also, I've only seen your profile pictures on here but from what I've seen you're very pretty :) Don't let anyone get you down!)

That was absolutely rude of her! She should have kept her comments to herself. You said that she always tries to say negative things about you and people you find attractive, so perhaps she may be jealous? No matter what though that is definitely a very childish way of her to act...

(Also, I've only seen your profile pictures on here but from what I've seen you're very pretty :) Don't let anyone get you down!)

Thank you! :) I'm glad to know that it wasn't just me and that her behavior and comment was in fact childish and rude. I try not to let rude comments get to me but some things are so shoking that it bothers me anyway. I'll just avoid being around her and only communicate with my brother whenever I want to see my niece.

That was one of the most rude things someone could ever say about someone on her/his face. You are definitely not over reacting at all. I'd have felt offended as well if someone had said something like that to me, that is for sure. I don't know how you can deal with that girl, she is obviously envious of you!

She envy you and the way you look, that's why she tries to bring you down every chance she has. I hope thinking of that next time she says something like that helps you feel better about yourself, because I really think envy is the reason she does what she does.

I agree. That was rude. 1. You do not have a fat face. 2. Chubby cheeks make you look youthful. I used to hate mine. But, since I still get carded at 36, I'm thankful for them now- and they look really good on my son. Your brother's girlfriend is either jealous, or did not mean it as a derogatory term. Sometimes certain words can mean one thing to a person and another thing entirely to someone else. I would give her the benefit of the doubt this one time. But, if her behavior continues to be rude, you are entitled to say something to your brother about it.

While that was an insensitive comment - telling someone that they have a fat anything is very rude - remember that she compared her new baby girl to you. She just became a mother and it's unlikely that she would compare her child to an ugly person.
I want to give her the benefit of the doubt here and say that maybe it was her delivery that was wrong; from your avatar you look like a lovely young woman. Just ignore the comment and try not to engage her when she says something hurtful.

It seems rude, yes, but like @foureyes said, it may not have been intended that way. Some people just have no tact. They don't think before they speak, or realize how the things they say come off. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Her opinion wouldn't mean much to me, if she's always putting down other attractive women as well. I'm guessing she's insecure.

Werbung:
It's rude to say you are fat to anyone other than your best friend. I had an aunt I hadn't seen for 20 years and the first thing she said was that I looked fat and that was hardly going to put me in a good mood. I think people need to know what not to say regardless as somethings are better kept in the head.

Back