• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Is this guy flirting with me?

Butterfly

There was a guy in my class during high school a few years ago who I thought was very cute, and I tried getting his attention and talking to him several times, although I was a bit intimidated since he didn't seem like the flirty type - I mean he was certainly cute and charming and all, but he was quite shy and really not the type of guy who would acually go out of his way flirting with anyone, so eventually I stopped to actively trying to flirt with him.

Now, a few years later, I work a wall climbing club and I've seen him there three times before (not very frequently at all, it has been several months between his visits), and he has certainly changed, and each time he has come there he has seemed increasingly flirty to me.
What he does is that he often finds excuses to touch me, like when he wants my attention in something or just teases or jokes about something.
He also uses a lot of eye contact, longer than what is usually considered "normal", and he has this cute smile whenever he talks to me.
I'm sure he knows that I think he looks good (I've even Liked one of his face pictures on Facebook a few weeks ago, lol), but I'm not sure what he's trying to obtain from his behaviour.
Has he suddenly become interested in me now because he's seen me at that club a few times?

Werbung:
I am TERRIBLE at this game. *I* would say it sounds like he's flirting but I would say that in my own life and end up making a giant fool of myself because he is "like that with everyone" or he has a girlfriend or it was all in my head.

I spent a weekend with a guy in December. It was the first time we'd ever met and he was kind of like the way you described your fella when you were younger. Shy-ish, a little awkward, definitely didn't seem the type to openly flirt with anyone but he spent a lot of time trying to share my space. Like... all of this happened in a hotel room (a bunch of friends were in Chicago to see a concert and he and his friends were hanging out in our room) with two Queen sized beds. I'd be sitting on one bed and he'd sit RIGHT beside me, so we were touching, when there's the whole rest of the bed he could have sat on and been just as cozy. But since I am terrible horrible no good very bad at flirting (my flirting techniques are similar to those of a 11 year old boy) and also at recognizing when others are flirting with me, I get REALLY nervous in those situations and tend to crawl into a shell like a turtle. So the next night he hardly talked to me at all :( So I think he was interested in me but then I got weird and missed out on whatever chance there might have been.

Good luck to you in whatever you decide. :)

Oh, no. I hate feeling confused by situations like this. I think you should just come out with it and ask him out for coffee to see if he is interested. Just muster up the courage and go for it. It is better to know than the be left in the dark wondering. I think he might be. Good luck!

Thanks. :)
Actually I already have a boyfriend right now, but I'm not sure if this guy knows that, so it's a somewhat tricky situation.

That is what makes life so fun and interesting...particularly in your teens and twenties...the whole speculation of...does he like me or not??? What does that look MEAN!? Why did he say that now...and in that tone? etc etc...

In answer to your question, yes, it sounds as if he is flirting with you. What that means for him, I do not know.

It is fun but blissfully painful sometimes when you cannot get the answer. I remember those times as if it were yesterday. When you get older though...you find that you just do not have that same kind of time. One needs to work out intentions sooner.

But for you, just go with the flow and take it as it comes...if it must be, it will be. Enjoy the boyfriend you are with now...for now (-:

Who knows what the future holds? Delightful goodies for sure...

It does sound like he's flirting with you, but he could just be being friendly. Just sit back for a while and see what happens. Guys are supposed to like it if you act uninterested anyway lol

Werbung:
Back