• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Is there any explanation to why some girls tend to like having a leader?

Butterfly

Let me explain:
at my workplace most of us are female (maybe 80% of us), and our chief is a pretty handsome (and very courteous) guy.
One thing I have noticed is that both me and several of the female employees tend to be much more comfortable with taking orders from him than the guys are, in fact some girls even look delighted to do so - I guess you could say the the guys look like "hm okay, I'll follow his orders because I have to", but a lot of the girls are like "I receive an order right now, no problem at all ^^".
Yesterday I even heard one of them go like "hi there, chief" and even though she talked normally there was still something in her tone that showed she liked to call him "chief".
I can definitely relate to this myself, there is something about him being our superior that I find extremely hot, it's like a peaceful harmony between all of us, where he (probably) loves being in charge and several of the rest of us like to follow his orders.
I am fascinated by this - I know that it's very common for girls to be attracted to men with power, but in my case it's about actually being commanded personally.
Is there any logic in this?

Of course there are limits, this thing is only exciting as long as the chief is kind and respectful and everything is stictly work-related.

Werbung:
Well you are guite right hun...maybe because they feel safer or something. theres this article i read about this, thought i share it with you. Read below please

NOTE:IF THERES ANY WAY OF UPLOADING FILES PLEASE LET ME KNOW BECAUSE RIGHT NOW I HAVE NO CHOICE BUT PUTTING A DOWNLOAD LINK HERE. SORRY IF IM AGAINST THE TOS : http://drop.st/N8X7PB

Fascinating. Makes sense though. I have not been so lucky as to have a gorgeous male boss but I have witnessed this happening at some places I have been. No man will enjoy taking orders from another man I am sure...but a woman from a good-looking man? I can see that happening. I do not think you need logic to understand that one (overrated anyway) as it ties in more with human instinct I think....just my opinion. Have fun (-:

I think this is more of a human nature type thing. Men tend to be natural leaders, due to the fact that males' brains are "wired" to be more logical and reasonable. Women's brains are "wired" to be more emotional.

This was a topic I studied in an occupational therapy course once. It is less intimidating for women to be given orders than to give the orders, and it reduces the amount of emotions a female feels while performing her work. When a women is in charge, she has to determine if the decisions she is making are the logical choices or the choices her heart would make.

A male being in power is more acceptable too. Even after women's liberation, men still hold majority of the positions of power.

To make it my jumbled mess short and sweet, it is due to a combination of social norms and human nature.

My two favorite bosses ever were women, and my least favorite boss was a good-looking guy (he was an okay guy as a person, but was not so great as a boss). I liked that the female managers were empathetic and actually listened to me, as opposed to the man who would pretend to listen, but you could tell he really wasn't paying attention. I absolutely hated "taking orders" from the man. When either of the women would give me an order, it seemed more like a request, which made me happy to help.

That being said, I have also had a few male bosses I've liked and a few female bosses that I didn't care for. I think it really depends on the individuals - both those giving the orders and those taking them.

Yes, I understand that it certainly has a lot to do with individuals, but it does seem to be much more common among girls.
There is... something alluring about the fact that this guy is the one in charge, I really don't know exactly why but there's definitely something special about a kind guy with that position.
It probably has something to do with all that alpha-male stuff, I guess.

To each her own, but as a general rule, the alpha male boss guy doesn't do anything for me. An attractive teacher or professor, on the other hand, is much more to my taste! ;) You still have the authority figure who has some power, but it's not just "do as I say because I'm the boss." He's using that power to impart knowledge and help his students grow (if he's a good teacher, anyway), which is what I personally find hot.

Yeah, I've had my share of crushes on teachers throughout my life...

Good luck!

Werbung:
To each her own, but as a general rule, the alpha male boss guy doesn't do anything for me. An attractive teacher or professor, on the other hand, is much more to my taste! ;) You still have the authority figure who has some power, but it's not just "do as I say because I'm the boss." He's using that power to impart knowledge and help his students grow (if he's a good teacher, anyway), which is what I personally find hot.

Yeah, I've had my share of crushes on teachers throughout my life...
Yes, actually the kind of leader you are talking about is exactly the type that I mean.
If I'm gonna take my own boss as an example then he is that charming and respectful guy who wants everyone's best, and that's exactly what makes his leader status come off as so attractive to me and apparently several other girls there.
I have never liked the kind of bosses that are full of themselves like "I'm boss here, do as I say or else...!" - they are just annoying, and rather pathetic.
It's the combination of warm kindness AND strict leader qualities that becomes so alluring - you know, the kind of leader that will give firm orders and then merrily chat with his employees the next moment.

Back