• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

is finally quitting..

Good thing you had come up with a decision sis.
I must say that was a brave thing to do.
It's not always true that quitters never win.
Congrats on your courage and new life sis.

Thank you so much. I know this will not be easy but I have to do this. I can do this! Have you ever made such a risky decision like this?

Werbung:
Thank you so much. I know this will not be easy but I have to do this. I can do this! Have you ever made such a risky decision like this?

Yes and it never is easy. You just need to be strong and be brave in facing new people and environment. Just PM if you need any moral support and am here :)

Yeah just believe in yourself.
I think I did make such a risky decision before by living independently without even thinking what consequences may happen. Fortunately, I did manage to live on my own. I've transferred from one place to another just to find work and I pursued things even if it's hard. I guess it just needs great determination and will power.

Good luck in the future, I am sure you will find something soon that will make you happy. It is not worth it to work somewhere that you makes you that unhappy.

I wish more people were as brave as you, to be honest. Many stay in jobs for all the wrong reasons. When I leave my positions, I always miss my co-workers the most, which is a clear signal you are not doing your life's work if the highlight is the people. It is a bonus, not why we are there in the first place.

Plus, as they say...death happens in the comfort zone, so leave it as fast as you can. (-: I see you wrote this a while ago...and I am wondering, have you made the move already? Also, congrats to all others on this thread who have already done it. Kudos to you. ~

Congrats!! It takes a great deal of courage and strength to move on, especially after a few years.
I have been working as a cook for roughly 8-9 years now. About 3 years ago I was working for TGI Fridays, and I was terminated, it was ridiculous the reason they gave but none the less i was let go. I was crushed because it meant everything to me. So I went and found a new job in a new kitchen, and it was the worst experience of my life. I was up for a promotion into management, but I chose to leave and go crawling back to Fridays when my promotion was going to be finalized in two weeks. It was a combination of the best and worst decision I could have made. I was happy to be leaving the restaurant because it was sooooo horrible to work in, but at the same time I was extremely sad to walk away from a kitchen manager position, which is what I have been working towards for years.

But now I am happy being back in the kitchen I started out in, even though it is not the same, I am being given the opportunity to transfer to work with my old kitchen manager again. I am thinking about doing it for my personal happiness. Sometimes we need to do what makes up happy. At least, I personally, spend more time at work than I do at home, so being miserable at a place you have to go to every day is so draining.

I wish you all the best in your new employment ventures. Again I would like to tell you how much strength, courage, and confidence it takes to leave a place you are comfortable at and move somewhere to enhance your happiness.

Quitting my job was one of the most best things that I ever did in my life. I was so much happier the second I walked out of that door. There are just some things in life that you have to do for your happiness. I would have hated myself if I stayed. I did miss my students, but the co-workers and parents I dealt with were horrible.

Hey, I've been in your shoes, sweetie! It's pretty okay to vent out. It's really pathetic when you're no longer happy with your work. Remember, work is like lovelife: if you're no longer happy, move on.

Congratulations for taking a step towards your true happiness! I hope that you find a new career path or job that will make you fill more fulfilled. :)

I've been in a similar situation and I know that it's really hard but I'm glad that you went through with your decision. Being in that indecisive situation is probably the toughest part. I was also at my job for three years when I was thinking about quitting. I felt bad about leaving the people I worked with hanging (they became good friends over the years). But the stress was just getting to me, I wasn't enjoying my work anymore and I finally decided that I didn't want to deal with it and quit. Things were tough (worrying about finding another job and money issues and such) but I came through and everything worked out.

So, I really wish you the best in the future and don't let things get you down. Be positive, change is always good once in a while.

If you were not happy at your job the best thing was to leave your job. You could always hang out with your co workers outside of work as well and have small gatherings. I wish you well in your future endeavors.

Congratulations!

Sometimes, environments are so toxic that they infect the rest of our lives. It's better to cut loose from them and move on than stay in them.

Congrats on taking the first step to happiness! I did the same thing about five years ago and I just wish I would have done it sooner! You'll probably work even harder at your new job because you're happier. I wish you the best.

I couldn't agree with you more! I have always told myself that if I am no longer happy in a situation then I would most definitely remove myself from it. My happiness comes first before anything else. I am glad to hear that you took a stand, and decided to remove yourself from a predicament that didn't allow you to continue on with your happiness. I know that you will miss everyone but moving on doesn't necessarily mean that you have to forget the people in your past. You can always meet with them for dinner, lunch, movies, shopping etc. Good luck, and I wish you the best!

Werbung:
Congratulations on coming to this decision. It's really hard to let go in situations like this, but when something is no longer a good fit for you it's important to move on, otherwise you risk stagnating professionally as well as all manner of stress related health problems. Maybe all those years of experience will help you become a supervisor at a different company. Best of luck!

Back